Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went through this forum, went through the internet, stuck on some tire choices. What it comes down to is i would probably be happy with all of these choices but looking for some thoughts from the forum.

Looking for an all season. I'm a big believer in snow tires but we just dont need them in snowy mass. I even have them on my Tacoma due to long commutes. Wife's a teacher so there really is no need to go all out. All seasons are the pick.
First thing that comes to mind is a quiet ride. Stock G91's are getting loud on the highway. Grip in rain, OK in snow, decent mileage, no real budget, just want a good tire that fits the bill. Do not need or want AT tires. This is our travel car
My research has brought me to
1. Goodyear assurance weatherready
2. General Altimax RT43
3. Michelin crossclimate2
4. Michelin Defender t+h

I mean these seem like the top pick, but would some some thoughts on real world experience, or just thoughts from people who have also done this research. Im leaning the RT43 because they seem to hit all the points while being the cheapest of the group.

Thanks all
Another vote for the CrossClimate 2. I have them on our 2016 Honda Civic and have been very impressed with how quiet they are (despite the open tread look), excellent traction in rain and snow as well. Plan on installing a set on my daughter's 2016 CrossTrek at the end of the summer. Only downside is they are a bit more expensive and often out of stock due to their popularity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went through this forum, went through the internet, stuck on some tire choices. What it comes down to is i would probably be happy with all of these choices but looking for some thoughts from the forum.

Looking for an all season. I'm a big believer in snow tires but we just dont need them in snowy mass. I even have them on my Tacoma due to long commutes. Wife's a teacher so there really is no need to go all out. All seasons are the pick.
First thing that comes to mind is a quiet ride. Stock G91's are getting loud on the highway. Grip in rain, OK in snow, decent mileage, no real budget, just want a good tire that fits the bill. Do not need or want AT tires. This is our travel car
2. General Altimax RT43
4. Michelin Defender t+h

I mean these seem like the top pick, but would some some thoughts on real world experience, or just thoughts from people who have also done this research. Im leaning the RT43 because they seem to hit all the points while being the cheapest of the group.

Thanks all
I have a 2013 Crosstrek and have been researching tires as well. I’m glad the cross climate 2’s made your cut, because they seem to be one of the better ones for this Subaru. I currently have Michelin Defender M+S 101H’s (I bought it like that) that I hate. My last 2013 ‘trek I put the Firestone Weathergrip tires on it. I really loved everything about those tires…except the price. Our NY winters can be brutal so I wanted to be ready for whatever comes at us!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

2. General Altimax RT43
4. Michelin Defender t+h

Thanks all
I think the best tires are the Michelin Cross Climate 2's Costco has a sale $150.00 off just about every other month. A friend put them on and he raves about them plus the reviews are great. Not cheap but worth every penny. I will be putting a set on my grandsons Crosstrek before this coming winter.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sport
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Update: Went with the Crossclimate's. Initial review is limited but they offer a nice ride, quiet and absorbing. Of course, only comparing them to the G91's.
I'll update over time. Excited for winter (when the time comes) Ill take some more warmth for now.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts