Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Crosstrek - I am installing an amp under the passenger seat. I would like to get a pair of the duct extenders used by the Rockford Fosgate upgrade to route air around the amp. I can't find a part number or name (other than HVAC duct extension). Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On ebay I found this duct extension (search - subaru duct extension). It looks like it will do the job. Just 3 to 7 weeks in transit from China.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
That part doesn’t look right. The long pieces… maybe, but you don’t need whatever that big block is.

Subaru part #72512AG000 MSRP $11.53 each

Hope they’ll fit with your amp. They just cleared my Alpine.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Looks like the dealer can get them before the install.

I assume the left and right side are the same part, just flipped upside down. So I need to order 2.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I assume the left and right side are the same part, just flipped upside down. So I need to order 2.
No worries :)

I ordered mine almost four years ago, but I remember ordering two of the same part (once the parts counter guy confirmed) and flipping one. Now that you have the part number, verify when you order.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Actually, they sell a left and a right. 72512AG000 and 72512AG010. Not sure which is L and R.

There is also another version that may give more clearance but not exactly sure if it fits Crosstrek. Found it on a Japanese site but shows as available here in the states too. There are some installed pictures in this link. I used Bing Translate to read what it says.

Here are the 2 options:

The top 2 are 72512AG000/010

Bottom 2 are 72512AE030/040

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. The photo is very helpful and the installed photos on the link. 72512AG000/010 is correct for the Crosstrek, I am pretty sure.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, I think you are correct on the part number. But also think you can use the other if you need more clearance.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small amp - 7.5x3x2. I'm not sure the duct extenders are needed, but probably best not to blow hot air on the amp.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Might be a dumb question but why do you want both sides? Amp is only on the passenger side? Factory kit only has the one. Or are you doing it to be uniform?

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By both sides, I mean both sides of the passenger seat. There are two ducts under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Oh, ok. Just assumed there was only one since the kit had one extension. I plan to add the factory audio kit to the new car I have coming.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm showing H630SFL002 as the correct kit for the newest Crosstreks. The kit includes and Page 21 shows only the left duct. Regardless, get both for extra clearance. I'd order a right and left, 72512AG000 and 72512AG010.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
FYSA, I dug up my receipt and I did buy two of the right hand duct extenders. I just turned one upside down.

I also had a look at your Kicker amp. Nice little box. I hope it goes better than my compact Clarion did. Anyway, Your Kicker is smaller than mine and the duct extenders sit a few mm off the chassis; you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I think (I don't have a sample in hand) that the left extender has a step up and the right has a step down. Fortunately the ducts are a little above the floor, so it appears that you can use either one on either side. Thanks for looking into this.

EDIT - I didn't say that right. Both extenders have a vertical step. It steps up in the photo of the part. If you use the extender on the opposite side it will be a step down. Since the duct is a little above floor level, it appears you can use either one on either side.

The Kicker specs look very good. I hope it works out in the real world.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Interesting. The installation guide is at https://www.subarupartspros.com/docs/H630SFL002.pdf . Page 21, photo 4 shows the left duct extension and amp. It looks like the right duct is partially blocked.

I ordered both. I think they will both fit with the Kicker amp.
Thanks for point that out. Looks like the bean counters were at work. Easier to include the missing side when ordering the kit, thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got one (other side is back ordered). The only difference between the two sides is which side the little bump is on. Looks pretty easy to make it fit the wrong side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts