Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Limited OP 31
38 Posts
I agree that $2k sound high. Definitely get estimates from different body shops. I've actually replaced the rear bumper on a 2019 Crosstrek before, so I know what's involved. My brother's car got backed into. To minimize cost, I had a body shop order and paint a new OEM bumper cover and I did the rest of the work myself. The body shop charged $830 (in 2020) for the bumper cover and paintwork. I removed/installed it myself. It's not a difficult job in the body shop world, but good paintwork is just expensive. I would expect it to be $1,000-$1,300 for the body shop to do all the work. I would also recommend considering an insurance claim if you have full coverage.

If you want to avoid a claim and minimize cost, a used matching color bumper cover is an option if you can find one. The Grimmspeed Flares are not cheap either and with the labor cost for installation you'd be near the price of new bumper cover replacement. Looking at the pictures, I'm not sure the flares would be big enough to cover the damage to the body color painted portion of your bumper. And you'd have to find a shop who would do the install.

·
Registered
2021 Limited OP 31
38 Posts
I don't want to turn it into my insurance because I have two teenage sons on my insurance policy and I'm concerned my rates would skyrocket.
And that's the reason we decided to fix my brother's car on our own. A hit and run can count as a collision if you don't know who hit it. Although, he wound up totalling it in an at-fault collision last year anyway 😖. Oh well, he was hit by a dually pickup truck towing a trailer and walked away. It did it's job keeping him safe.

Reactions: MdBrad21
1 - 2 of 2 Posts