Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to the forum thing , in fact first forum ever. I have a 2014 crosstrek with a few modifications including turbo charger, brembo sti brakes cvt cooler . , . I’m not an off roader in the sense that I try to climb rocks and plow through mud puddles but my wife and I live near the shore and we take the crosstrek on the beach a few times a week all year long. So I’m mainly driving on sand when I off road. IThis seems like a great forum with a lot of combined knowledge. Thanks for having me .

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , it’s actually desert khaki . I appreciate the response . These cars are a lot of fun. So many different style directions you can take with them . See you.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Wow. Turbo. You have to share more specs on your upgrade there. What hood is that?

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Turbo. You have to share more specs on your upgrade there. What hood is that?
Yes it’s an AVO turbo kit. Had it in a few years. Nice little “pep” increase. The hood I made from a stock crosstrek and a legacy gt hood. The scoop leads air to the cvt cooler because I have a front mounted inter cooler for the turbo.

·
Registered
XV Crosstrek 2014 Limited 2.0i 5MT
54 Posts
Welcome! That hood is nice! Not that many options out there for the Crosstrek.
How many psi of boost are you getting with that kit and how did it affect your gas mileage?

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Yes definitely not many options. I run between 6 to 7 psi. I’m not a gas mileage guy so I don’t know. I’m pretty sure I’m using more but I couldn’t give you anything solid . I tell everyone I don’t have a fast car but I have a really fast crosstrek. Thanks talk to you soon

·
Registered
XV Crosstrek 2014 Limited 2.0i 5MT
54 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I'm exacly like you, I want my Crosstrek to be fun to drive without having a 260hp car (+ associated expenses).

I would love to eventually add forced induction and 6 PSI seems to be in a ''safe'' zone for our engines. I'm not yet decided between turbo and superchargers (I'm leaning towards superchargers) but I have to before I upgrade my headers.

How did you get your car tuned (platform, tuner)?

·
Registered
2014 crosstrek
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I would definitely consider a supercharger for my next build. I had a local tuner work with me on a “safe” tune. Fun on the street and more fun on the beach. Great constant I have no complaints pull , we made it very linear. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
273 Posts
Cool... - and welcome :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts