Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got 2018 Subaru Crosstrek (Dark Gray) Premium Package.
I am so happy that I found this Forum. : )

I am planning to upgrade Headlights, Fog Lights and rear end lights.
Any upgrade suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Torakichi

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Morimoto LED fog lights "Top Shelf" they match my MY 18 6 MT Sport LED Headlights perfectly in color,and intensity "trim Only available in
Canada" :eek:ccasion14:

D/D has the Luxeon Fog lamps , Very good alternative

I have switched all of my orange OE lighting now over to LED, love the light...makes driving at night a pleasure :eusa_clap:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/lighting/fog-lamps.html

Troutbum

·
Registered
29 Posts
On my 2018 Crosstrek Premium I went with Diode Dynamics.

Head Lights (low beam) = SL1's

Head Lights (high beam) stick with halogen unless your gonna disconnect the daytime running lights

Fog Flights = SLF's in yellow

Dome & Map Lights = SMF6 bulb cool white

License Plate Lights = HP3 in cool white

Trunk Light = HP5 in cool white

Back-Up bulbs = XP80 in cool white

Vanity Lights = SMF1 in cool white

If you blow the fuse by putting any of the interior lights in backwards; it's fuse number 26 which is 10A

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Originally Posted by jdel9

There's a cheaper, less powerful pair on amazon. 72W 7600LM for $31 vs the 90W 10000LM for $109. Would the 72W bulbs be that much less bright? That's a pretty sizable price difference. Just wondering if it's worth it.

ergoat48 wrote, "Personally I would not recommend that specific bulb. I have had many bulbs in the past that have a square LED chip right in the middle of the bulb, and all they end up doing is throwing light everywhere. I specifially choose the Lasfit LS series when purchasing headlights, because of the design of the LED chips not the brightness. If you take a look at the way the Diode dynamics SL1 bulbs are designed, youll see that they use 3 very small LED chips lined up vertically (refer to photo attached) in order to better mimic the light properties of a halogen bulb. This design durastically improves the beam pattern and cutoff of your headlights which is important if you dont want to blind everyone on the road. If you look at the Lasfit LS, you will see that it has a very similar design to the diode dynamics SL1, which is the main reason I eneded up purchasing a pair. I would personally recommend saving up for Lasfit LS and buying them when you can, rather than trying to find cheaper bulbs on the market that just dont perform well (made this mistake 3 times). If they are simply out of your price range, and brightness doesnt matter and all you want is the blue-ish color, then find a bulb with similar designed chips as the Lasfit LS and DD SL1, I believe beamtech makes one sold on amazon with a similar design."

https://www.diodedynamics.com/h11-sl1-led-headlight-pair.html

https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headlight-Bulbs-LUMILEDS-Chips-90W-6000K-Hi/dp/B01N3333R1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! You just gave me all the information I need...
Do you have any Pic you can share?? I'm very curious how they look!

Thank you for your reply, Nothframingham! I really appreciated it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow! You just gave me all the information I need...
Do you have any Pic you can share?? I'm very curious how they look!

Thank you for your reply, Nothframingham! I really appreciated it!
I don't have any pics... But if you have any questions about any ones i did buy, let me know.

I still intend to:

Add a SmartTap relay to prevent Hyper Blink, from LED turn signals.
Front and Back, turn signals (All from Diode Dynamics)

ALSO... Tinting my front door windows with 45% carbon,
Adding a Curt Level 3 Hitch and possibly a Nameless Axleback Exhaust with 5" muffler....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
NP

Turn signals are one of my to do lists as well!

I have tinted all 11 windows already. Dark on all back windows, Medium Tint for driver & Passenger windows and Limo tint for front window. :smile:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
CRAZYHAWAK,

I will go with LASFIT LS Series headlight. Thank you for the great video you shared.
If I didn't install the deautokey two years ago, I would choose the Lasfits also.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts