Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
17,795 Posts
There were some changes after '18 (e.g. they added Wi-Fi across the board) and I think SXM but not sure so there may be some harness differences if you were going with an older HU.

· Registered
2018 Crosstrek Limited in CGK, Auto, Eyesight, Adaptive Cruise, etc.
24 Posts
Just took delivery of my 2021 Limited with no sunroof. Has Eyesight and all the other goodies, I just ordered it without a sunroof. Nobody had the color in stock that my wife wanted so I had to wait for mine to be built. Replaced a 2018 Trek and I am loving the 2.5L kick!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Registered
39 Posts
I think I can lend some clarification on this. I've upgraded my '18 Premium to the 8" Starlink (without nav).
It took a lot of research to make this work, and a lot of trial-and error and wrong parts ordered.

Here's the gist. You need to be VERY careful about what part number you order, as there are a couple of different parts that look identical!

For a '18 Premium, you want to order 86201FL62A

Things you need to know:
There is no built-in sirius antenna as best as I have been able to find out (although I haven't pulled the antenna and checked all of the interconnect points on the run from antenna to behind the dash). Because of this, you're going to get a No Signal alert on the screen at start, and then repeatedly while driving. it's annoying!

You can add a standard sirius NGVA3 antenna (available on amazon) with the use of a Fakra adapter. This is my first post in this forum, so I can't include links, but I'll reply again with the parts you need

I haven't come across any issues with this setup and have NO regrets on having put in the legwork to make it work!

I hope this helps!

If you have trouble sourcing the radio, I do have a spare that I acquired during the nightmare of sending parts back and forth with junkyards.

Let me know if I can be of any further help!

-Ali
It's be a while... any chance you still have that radio? I have a base model 18 with the small screen. I'm looking to put in the bigger screen. If I can get that off you, then order the antennas you linked and be done! that would be awesome. Does you androidauto/carplay work fine?

· Registered
14 Posts
Trim levels vary from country to country. for instance, my MY'21 XV Crosstrek "CVT Base model" has a starlink 3.1 6.5" head unit, 6 speakers, and a sharkfin antenna it has pushbutton start and keyless entry, so it may not be a very base model. being this said, do you think I get away installing an 8" head unit? who know I may even have a sirius XM port, though that service is not offered here in Mexico

· Registered
453 Posts
Trim levels vary from country to country. for instance, my MY'21 XV Crosstrek "CVT Base model" has a starlink 3.1 6.5" head unit, 6 speakers, and a sharkfin antenna it has pushbutton start and keyless entry, so it may not be a very base model. being this said, do you think I get away installing an 8" head unit? who know I may even have a sirius XM port, though that service is not offered here in Mexico
Yes, just buy the non-harman non-nav 8" radio for a 21. direct swap.

· Registered
2021 Ice Silver Sport
66 Posts
Does the Mexican STARLINK HU support CarPlay/Android Auto? You don't need the on-board Siriusxm receiver to receive sat radio if you run the Siriusxm app on your phone and use CarPlay or Android Audio.

· Registered
14 Posts
Yes, just buy the non-harman non-nav 8" radio for a 21. direct swap.
Actually anad to just reconfirm, the "Base" or lowest trim in Mexico is called "Premium" with just a few differences from the US "Premium" models, probably that is why I have 6 speakers and all that also my CVT has an 8 spd manual molde, though mexican site states only 7 speeds on manual mode Kwondo, do you know the part number for this 8" non harman stereo?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts