Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new banner graphic! Our logo designers added a second generation car to the mix ... but of course with a first-generation Tangerine Orange still in the foreground. :) And a subtitle as a reminder that we're the go-to site for cars with either the Crosstrek or XV badge.

Just a couple of subtle changes, but it keeps us current with the state of the Crosstrek and XV worlds in 2017.

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,340 Posts
:eek:ccasion14:

Just logged in, Looks great

Troutbum

·
Registered
493 Posts
Excellent!

Will there be a "duplication" of the General Discussion threads so to keep things organized? As they are going to be quite different vehicles, could cause a lot of confusion for the soon to be newcomers this summer.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent!

Will there be a "duplication" of the General Discussion threads so to keep things organized? As they are going to be quite different vehicles, could cause a lot of confusion for the soon to be newcomers this summer.
Glad you asked. :)

This is under discussion, and we'll roll out a solution here well before Subaru rolls out the 2018s. Right now, we're leaning towards a system of mandatory prefixes that will go in front of thread titles in the General Discussion forums, which will identify the model years that the particular thread is talking about. (If you're curious, you can check out the Forester Forum to see how that will look.) This will allow people to filter searches for model-year specific information easily, without needing to create a zillion new subforums. (The other issue with separate subforums is that many of the car's technical details will still be consistent between the old and new models, and breaking up the subforums would force people to search in two places for that info.)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I whole heartedly approve of the new graphic, noticed that first thing when I logged on today, and I'll admit that a lot of my approval is dependent on the fact that the TOP maintained its place of pride! ^_^

And call me amused, but a smile crossed my face as the header now declares, "Subaru XV & Crosstrek Enthusiasts" because leave it to most Americans to be super unaware that in the rest of the world the Crosstrek is known simply as the XV. Makes me really glad that my 2013 has an "XV Crosstrek" badge! #NeverForget :D lol

Thanks for the update, Mods! The idea of mandatory prefixes sounds like a simple solution to organizing things!

Would be nice if the Orange one had roof rails...it's looking a little 'Impreza-ish'.
But apart from that I give it a big thumbs up ����
While I totally agree, isn't that image the exact same TOP that's been on the banner these past 4-ish years? ;) lol

·
Registered
780 Posts
New banner is just ok
Would be much better with a plasma green crosstrek in there :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I noticed it a couple of days ago and wondered how long it was applied. I'm glad you all are onboard with the next generation, but still give a nod to the car's original configuration. I would have offered to create a new banner for you if you needed it. I'm a graphic designer with TOO much time on my hands! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,374 Posts
I noticed it a couple of days ago and wondered how long it was applied. I'm glad you all are onboard with the next generation, but still give a nod to the car's original configuration. I would have offered to create a new banner for you if you needed it. I'm a graphic designer with TOO much time on my hands! ;)
There's nothing that says you can whip up another one! We can't promise that it would be used (or that you'll get anything for your time) but it might be an opportunity to show off your skills... :)

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Honestly I'd prefer it to say Subaru XV Crosstrek Enthusiasts .. having the "&" in there makes it sound like they are two different models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts