Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, I'll chime in with a good one..... Four Peaks - Kilt Lifter or their SunBru for a light beer.

and I know it's not a local beer by any means, but has anyone tried one of Iron Maiden's - Trooper Ale?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Today a friend gave me this to try out. Kinda tastes like molasses! Yummy! 10.2% ABV.
View attachment 288870
Well, I bought a 6-pack of this last week and truly enjoyed its unique flavor. HOWEVER, I decided to part ways for 2 reasons: 1) I drink 2 beers before bedtime every night. I enjoy the relaxing kick I get out of doing that (Budweiser 5% ABV) but don't like going to bed half cross-eyed (6th Glass 10.2% ABV). 2) A 6-er costs over $14! So hellooooo Bud at just over $6!
:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Wouldn't that be the masculine side in search of the feminine?

artosa

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well, I bought a 6-pack of this last week and truly enjoyed its unique flavor. HOWEVER, I decided to part ways for 2 reasons: 1) I drink 2 beers before bedtime every night. I enjoy the relaxing kick I get out of doing that (Budweiser 5% ABV) but don't like going to bed half cross-eyed (6th Glass 10.2% ABV). 2) A 6-er costs over $14! So hellooooo Bud at just over $6!
That's good stuff - tasty. One of them knocks me out (I'm a small guy).

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Well, I bought a 6-pack of this (6th Glass) last week and truly enjoyed its unique flavor. HOWEVER, I decided to part ways for 2 reasons: 1) I drink 2 beers before bedtime every night. I enjoy the relaxing kick I get out of doing that (Budweiser 5% ABV) but don't like going to bed half cross-eyed (6th Glass 10.2% ABV). 2) A 6-er costs over $14! So hellooooo Bud at just over $6!
Well, I relented and treated myself to a 6-er of the 6th Glass this afternoon in anticipation of the excellent pain relief it will provide tonight before bed. We're under a severe weather watch to include tornadoes for the next 24 hours so it will also help with the stress associated with that. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Them's fightin' words... :D

I like the "real ale" style you could only find in the UK, until recently. There are now a couple of local breweries around here experimenting with it, with proper hand pumps, etc.

Coffee and Instant Pots have their place, too!
Within staggering distance of Manchester Polytechnic were two brew pubs, The Lass O' Gowrie had an awesome 80 shilling calld LoG42. The other was the New Quay brewery.

I would say the most British Beers I've had in California are June Lake's Deer Bear Brown Ale and from Santa Barbara, Figuero Mountain Davey Brown Ale. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw anyone do hand drawn in the US.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fort Point Kolsch (SF?) is my favorite real beer. My spousette and I mainly drink non-alcoholic beer (Erdinger or similar) as I like the taste of beer but don't care to ever get drunk again. When not drinking Fort Point I'm equally likely to drink a Guinness Stout, oddly the opposite of Fort Point's light taste. I've found I almost never like any beer that has a "fruity" taste. My son-in-law has opened a Brazilian Restaurant and I occasionally will sample one of the 20+ beers, but after a while I just go back to what I think are simple beers.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Within staggering distance of Manchester Polytechnic were two brew pubs, The Lass O' Gowrie had an awesome 80 shilling calld LoG42. The other was the New Quay brewery.

I would say the most British Beers I've had in California are June Lake's Deer Bear Brown Ale and from Santa Barbara, Figuero Mountain Davey Brown Ale. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw anyone do hand drawn in the US.
I only know of one place in Santa Monica that has the true cask ales, occasionally. There's one in the Valley and one in Torrance where I met The Knack, and installed body side moldings for him, in exchange for a couple of pints, LOL!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fort Point Kolsch (SF?) is my favorite real beer. My spousette and I mainly drink non-alcoholic beer (Erdinger or similar) as I like the taste of beer but don't care to ever get drunk again. When not drinking Fort Point I'm equally likely to drink a Guinness Stout, oddly the opposite of Fort Point's light taste. I've found I almost never like any beer that has a "fruity" taste. My son-in-law has opened a Brazilian Restaurant and I occasionally will sample one of the 20+ beers, but after a while I just go back to what I think are simple beers.
Ah, but is it a Kölsch? You'll note is called KSA, Kölsch Style Ale.

You are right, SF. The art on the can is reminiscent of the truss work on the Golden Gate bridge above Ft Point, but the brewery is at Chrissy Fields, and the tap room in the ferry building at Embarcadero and Market (or it was when I was there 18 months ago).

I like the KSA, a sharp, dry, fruity beer but I am too a stout drinker. My go-to stouts are Sweet Henrietta from Cleophus Quealy, and Calf-eine from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. Both are coffee milk stouts.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
I only know of one place in Santa Monica that has the true cask ales, occasionally. There's one in the Valley and one in Torrance where I met The Knack, and installed body side moldings for him, in exchange for a couple of pints, LOL!
Damn, I spent two nights in Torrence, and didn't know there was can she to be had. I was stopping by at a friend's on my way to San Diego. Had a great time at the Lyons Air Museum. The local car museum had no Subarus, it was all Italian sports cars and American muscle cars.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Damn, I spent two nights in Torrence, and didn't know there was can she to be had. I was stopping by at a friend's on my way to San Diego. Had a great time at the Lyons Air Museum. The local car museum had no Subarus, it was all Italian sports cars and American muscle cars.

For next time: Home - Yorkshire Square Brewery

·
Registered
797 Posts
I was in Vermont for the weekend, so Longtrail.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts
About this Discussion
176 Replies
34 Participants
Cutlass
Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
At Subaru XV Forum you'll find fellow Subaru XV Enthusiasts to help perfect that Subaru Crosstrek Build, or share all kinds of information about this Subaru from its specs to its design.
Full Forum Listing