Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:icon_e_biggrin:A big Happy Birthday to our favorite engine the Subaru [{--( o )--}] Boxer!!:eek:ccasion13:

50 Years of Rumble!

(Shout out to SOA's Twitter for letting me swipe this Delicious Cake pic, though points lost for not sharing said cake)

Here are a few articles on the birthday with a little history:

AutoBlog

CNET's Road Show

Auto Guide

and the proud papa... FHI

Bonus Trivia Question... Which famous "Boxer Engine" is not really a Boxer Engine? (hint, it's not form Subaru)

-JMart

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
:eek:ccasion13:
though points lost for not sharing said cake)
The crumbs are in the mail. It's a bit hard splitting the cake into equal sizes for all dealers in the country without squabbling. :tongue:

I can see the look on the cake maker. "What the hell is this cake supposed to be?":blink:

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek:ccasion13:

The crumbs are in the mail. It's a bit hard splitting the cake into equal sizes for all dealers in the country without squabbling. :tongue:
That's okay, they could just share with; just spitballing here... how about their largest dealership :icon_e_wink:

I can see the look on the cake maker. "What the hell is this cake supposed to be?":blink:
Cake Decorator: I can't make you a bomb cake!

SOA Intern: It's not a bomb, it's an engine.

Cake Decorator: It is a BOMB! I see the explosion!

SOA Intern: That's what makes the engine move, that's what makes all engines move.

Cake Decorator: Maybe the engine on your car blows up, but mine works just fine.

SOA Intern: So... do you have birthday pie?

-JMart

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ferrari Boxer/Testarossa?

We have a winner. :thumbs_up: The Ferrari Boxer 12 in the 365BB/ 512BB/ Testarossa/ 512TR is actually V-12 with a 180deg angle and not a boxer (or horizontally opposed) because the opposing cylinders don't share a common crank pin.

-JMart

·
Super Moderator
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek
1,144 Posts
We have a winner. :thumbs_up: The Ferrari Boxer 12 in the 365BB/ 512BB/ Testarossa/ 512TR is actually V-12 with a 180deg angle and not a boxer (or horizontally opposed) because the opposing cylinders don't share a common crank pin.

-JMart
Woohoo nice try Ferrari. Love the Berlinetta Boxers though!

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Ferrari Boxer 12 in the 365BB/ 512BB/ Testarossa/ 512TR is actually V-12 with a 180deg angle and not a boxer (or horizontally opposed) because the opposing cylinders don't share a common crank pin.
I'm reading this and going ... huh? Got it backwards. The Ferrari is not a boxer because opposing cylinders DO share a common crank pin. In a boxer engine the opposing cylinders do NOT share a crank pin. Illustration from Wikipedia

1 - 9 of 9 Posts