Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a brand new set of 2018 - 2019 Crosstrek Limited Headlight assemblies. I have a premium because I wanted a 6 speed. I hate the headlights on the premium (mostly the lack of a boomerang led light instead of high beams as drl). I took a chance on some limited headlights for a price I simply couldn’t pass up. I currently have putco leds for high beam and low beam. The led high beams are just on full all the time and are very annoying so I just leave my headlights on all the time. I feel like I am blinding everybody at night without projectors and would really love if for some way I could get these to work. I don’t care about the levelers and turn feature. I know the plugs are different and my concern is even if I re-pin the connectors, my CPU will still be telling the high beams to go on. After months of furious internet searching, nobody seems to have done this yet. Sigh... is there any info out there?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Trial and error, one connector at a time. Get a multi-tester and build a harness. Good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can always send out your stock headlights out to get redone by someone who knows how.

https://circuitdemon.com

This website is just an example with the Subaru community, I've seen other companies in the Mitsu community that will take the housing and rebuild them. Just have to contact them and find a place you're comfortable with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are awesome! That link to the Impreza5 forum was immensely helpful. I know what I am doing this weekend! I will post pics if I don’t fail at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used the wiring pictures from the Impreza5 group and it works! The only issue is that the led DRL c-light flickers. Gonna get an anti flicker resistor and we should be all set.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
^ Same. Just bought everything I need for a retrofit but might just end up doing this if it's not as cost prohibitive as I originally thought.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Used the wiring pictures from the Impreza5 group and it works! The only issue is that the led DRL c-light flickers. Gonna get an anti flicker resistor and we should be all set.
Hey did you ever get an anti flicker resistor to work?

Also, do you have a better step-by-step set of instructions? I'm good with electrical but before It take the plunge I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts