Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Mine finally arrived recently but upon checking my brackets they are the wrong V shape instead of L shaped like James found.
View attachment 31098
I got a reply from Derek at Gorilla and he apologised and said they are in the process of checking and correcting wrong brackets that were sent out. He said to tell you all that they are aware and working on the resolution.
"It hasn't affected to many folks but we had to wait on the hardware to come in and are still working on getting these sent out. We do apologize for this issue and for any inconvenience this has caused."
I just hope my correct brackets arrive soon because my son was going to install mine for my birthday in a couple of weeks.
Oh no Sandi :(
I ordered mine just after you did, and I was hoping they would turn up this week so I could get them on asap.
I hope my order has the right part!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today. Ordered them late friday afternoon and received them monday afternoon. At first glance they look huge! Good for me because I wanted something larger than the rally armors due to my wheels and tires.

They are not as flexable as I would like but time will tell. Hopefully they look good on.

I also received the 2 L brackets for the front.

Should instal Wednesday and have pictures up shortly after.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Yeah .. the front flaps will stay without the L-bracket .. that's what I did until the proper brackets show up. I think they look good. I just wish Gorilla would get their business in order sooner than later. I'm still undecided whether or not to put on the lettering. I'm tinkering with the idea of using 'some' of the letters and scrambling them up to come up with other words .. :)

What words can you make with gorilla?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put in my order for them today! I am a little disappointed on the ordering process but I am looking forward to getting these and will post pictures once installed!

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Oh I'm excited...mine turned up today!
But yes, like yours Sandi, mine also have the wrong brackets. Mine are even-sided :(
But my husband is a very handy man, and so I shall get him to look at them and read through this thread to see if he can sort something out, without having to wait for the right brackets to get here all the way from the US.

I can't wait to get them on now:)

·
Registered
306 Posts
But yes, like yours Sandi, mine also have the wrong brackets. Mine are even-sided :(
But my husband is a very handy man, and so I shall get him to look at them and read through this thread to see if he can sort something out, without having to wait for the right brackets to get here all the way from the US.

Depending on how short the bracket it it may work. You could work with a bracket with 2 long sides but not 2 short sides. A local hadware store would have something that would work though I bet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Were't these meant to be easier and less troublesome than the Rally Armors? (which I'm still very happy with, now after many kilometres).

·
Registered
3,014 Posts

Hey Deb, I emailed the seller (Derek ) but I got the correct brackets in the mail only the next day:) They must be checking through orders and sending the correct brackets out automatically before you complain. So if you wait, they might arrive, or go to the hardware store.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Hey Deb, I emailed the seller (Derek ) but I got the correct brackets in the mail only the next day:) They must be checking through orders and sending the correct brackets out automatically before you complain. So if you wait, they might arrive, or go to the hardware store.

Oh Ok thanks Sandi:)
I haven't contacted them yet...my husband bought some metal today so that he could make a custom bracket. But that'll be good if he doesn't have to do that. Hopefully the proper ones will turn up soon.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I still haven't received my replacement brackets. It's not a big deal in terms of the installation but I'm really not impressed with Gorilla. The mud flaps themselves are great but they could use some work on their customer relationship skills imho.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I still haven't received my replacement brackets. It's not a big deal in terms of the installation but I'm really not impressed with Gorilla. The mud flaps themselves are great but they could use some work on their customer relationship skills imho.
I am quite happy with the mudflaps and the service by Gorilla. It is only a small company and I have found Derek to be very helpful and fix my issues and questions promptly. I hope you get your brackets soon:D

Reactions: DebsXV

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Yep Sandi, my correct brackets turned up today, the next mail day...yay!
And yes, like you, I am more than happy with the mudflaps and service from Gorilla :)

Can't wait for my husband to fit the mudflaps on his next days off.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Can't wait for my husband to fit the mudflaps on his next days off.
I have to wait a couple of weeks to get my mudflaps and sliding cup holder cover fitted for my birthday as a surprise ;)

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Looks just like mine kendalja! Nice. Derek at Gorilla is still investigating my brackets issue but he said he is sending a t-shirt for my troubles while he figures it out. :)

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I believe the screws and washers are stainless steel. Don't think the clips are but they are more hidden from exposure.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
My Lovely XV now has fabulous Gorilla mudflaps ...Love them :)
My husband said they were a piece of cake to install.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
My brackets arrived. It was post marked September 18th. Talk about snail mail.

41 - 60 of 204 Posts