Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

201 - 204 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love my gorilla mudflaps. Super easy and straight forward install. I've seen some people stating they prefer the more flexible options. However, I would say that the gorilla mudflaps provides the perfect amount of flexibility while maintaing a higher quality look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I looked on their website for my 2018 ... the flaps look good,but shipping to me is almost as much as the flaps so I may wait. Ihave RA on my STi and they're fine, but I'm not seeing a lot of great reviews for the XV. Hmmm. Does the Gorilla guys show up here once in a while? I mean seriously, they're not using SS or ALU clips (as the post above states)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked on their website for my 2018 ... the flaps look good,but shipping to me is almost as much as the flaps so I may wait. Ihave RA on my STi and they're fine, but I'm not seeing a lot of great reviews for the XV. Hmmm. Does the Gorilla guys show up here once in a while? I mean seriously, they're not using SS or ALU clips (as the post above states)?
I just got my Gorilla flaps in the mail today for my 2018 Crosstrek (also had them on my previous 2015 Crosstrek). They came with nylon clips this time. Unfortunately, they arrived missing some hardware. Now I'm debating whether to wait for them to ship what I need, or just run to a hardware store to pick up the missing washers and clips. If they respond soon, I'll probably just hold out for their clips. I don't think I'll get to install until later next week anyways.

I can report back after I have attempted the install, but the instructions sound fairly simple. The design appears to be mostly similar, except now one side of each flap is smoother while the reverse side is grainy and textured. Also, instead of the old plug style nut used for the upper rear screw on the older version, the new version uses the same clips for each screw all around.

Side note, I debated on flap brand for a few weeks, but I went with Gorilla because I didn't want the shiny Rally Armor flaps, and I didn't want any logos which ruled out the Rokblokz because they now permanently stamp the logo. Gorilla gives me the option to add the sticker or leave it off, so that's bonus points in my book.

201 - 204 of 204 Posts