Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Gorilla Offroad Company mudflaps installed! One quick word to describe them is AWSOME! First off the price is great compared to the other limited manufacturers of mudflaps for the XV. They cost $89.95 and they are worth every penny and the best part is Gorilla is offering free shipping until the end of September. As soon as i received the mudflaps the first thing i did was inspect them. They are very durable and heavy duty. They feel great and they are thick so they are not flimsy as some of the other competitors flaps. Another great part about them is they have a nice finish to them that matches perfectly to the black trim that the XV has above the wheels. Installation was easy and painless. The instructions were very informative and easy to follow. One part about the instructions i really liked was the included pictures that helped with following the instructions. The mounting hardware is heavy duty and very strong and the mudflaps come with spacers so once you mount them the sit flush. Overall i am very pleased and i highly recommend these flaps. They can be found here: PRODUCT DETAIL | Gorilla Offroad Company

·
Registered
288 Posts
How did you get the free shipping? My bill includes shipping.

thanks

*edit

I received an updated invoice with the shipping cost removed.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Those look really nice! I think I will get these in a month or so.

·
Registered
306 Posts
They look good but I think I prefer a flexible mudflap for backing up and for when the suspension bottoms out. Something like this will break off way to easy I think.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Thanks fir sharing:D I really like these! As you say they match the trim better than the Rally Armour ones and the price is reasonable.
Not sure of cost to send to Australia, but I sent an enquiry:D

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Sandi, can you let us know what the shipping is when you hear back from them please?

I like these far better than the Rally Armour ones.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They look good but I think I prefer a flexible mudflap for backing up and for when the suspension bottoms out. Something like this will break off way to easy I think.
I haven't looked into it but I thought the Gorilla flaps are flexible, basically direct competitors to RA. I don't have any flaps but that was my impression from some time ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't looked into it but I thought the Gorilla flaps are flexible, basically direct competitors to RA. I don't have any flaps but that was my impression from some time ago.
They are flexible, I'm my opinion they have the perfect amount of flex. Enough flex if you hit something and not break but not to much flex to were they flap in the wind when you are driving. With my experience with both the Gorilla are definitely more heavy duty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks fir sharing:D I really like these! As you say they match the trim better than the Rally Armour ones and the price is reasonable.
Not sure of cost to send to Australia, but I sent an enquiry:D

Yes the flaps match the trim great! Contact Gorilla, I'm sure something can be worked out, their customer service is superb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are not rigid mudflaps, they do have plenty of flexibility. I was referring to that they do not flap in the wind when you are driving. But if you bend them the bend with ease.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hm, now I am interested! These look like they give a lot more side coverage than the RA also. After putting on some more aggressive tires and a lower offset wheel you can really see the tire sticking out of the bottom and it throws up stuff like no ones business.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Yes the flaps match the trim great! Contact Gorilla, I'm sure something can be worked out, their customer service is superb.
Yes, I emailed Gorilla and it costs $50 postage to Astralia. Not bad at $140 all up. I am going to order them:D
Do you have to drill holes in the car, or do you use the existing holes for the splash guards?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Got a quote of $25 shipping to Canada for a limited time - regularly $50. still kinda pricey since I'm just over the border but I'll probably purchase a set.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I just ordered mine and all up $129AUD including postage to Australia. Pretty happy with that:)

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Oh yay! Only $114.95 USD total including shipping. thank goodness I had some US dollars to spend!
(...poor Aussie dollar :( )
I am so pleased I waited and didn't get the Rally Armor ones. These look great:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
BTW, the "GORILLA" lettering on the back of the mud flaps is optional. They send you the decals if you want to put them on.

The mud flaps are plain flat material with no embossing (I like it!).

1 - 20 of 204 Posts