Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I typically use Google Maps when needing navigation.However, I have found that at times CarPlay will crash and I will have to unplug my iPhone and plug it back in to get it going again. Sometimes it fixes the issue; other times it will continue to repeatedly happen. I recently tried Waze on a 5-hour drive to Rhode Island and it did not crash a single time, nor has it crash with Waze ever.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a known Google Maps issue with CarPlay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
OAK uses it all the time without issue. We both tried Waze for a while and both prefer Google Maps (I have a Google Pixel).

Which iPhone, iOS version, HU firmware version, etc.?

·
Registered
115 Posts
No issues here. Try deleting the Google App and reinstall? My guess, as your issue is intermittent, this isn't a fix, but........

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 8" non-HK, non-nav HU with the latest firmware and an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.6 (latest) on it.

I also prefer Google Maps as it's good for navigation and as a map application. Waze is shitty as a map, but it's very good for navigation. The social media functions make it good for last-minute adjustments to issues along the route.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
I have the 8" non-HK, non-nav HU with the latest firmware and an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.6 (latest) on it.

I also prefer Google Maps as it's good for navigation and as a map application. Waze is shitty as a map, but it's very good for navigation. The social media functions make it good for last-minute adjustments to issues along the route.
Maybe try a different cable?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used different cables. And I've tested the same cable with both apps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts