Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I put 15k on them since new early this year when I got the car. Never felt very planted and was not happy at all on wet roads. I commute over a 4000 foot pass into Boise daily so we get light snow and ice and they did not grip well at all. I just put Blizzaks on as the dedicated winter tire like I had on my Outback and its night and day winter as most dedicated winter tires would be. In the spring I am putting on the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail even though the Geo's have decent tread still. Thanks to this forum I got a lot of info on what works well on these smaller Subies

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
45 Posts
Hello!

What do YOU think of the original equipment Geolandar G91F tires?

Would you get the exact same tires when it comes time to replace them?

[Did you do that already?]

IF NOT - WHY NOT?

What didn't you like about the G91F's? What did you like?

Thanks
I thought they were fine, until "Subaru Season" - as my friend and longtime Subi driver calls winter - hit.

In the fresh snow, and slight slush the past few days they were borderline, but acceptable, since I've only got 3,500 miles on them. This morning on my way into work, however, the roads were cold enough to ice over, and they were BAD. Not quite summer performance tire bad, but enough that I'm going to be shopping for winter tires today.

I've run dedicated winter tires before, and even a relatively budget model (Firestones, not sure which model) on a fwd Ford Focus were more confidence inspiring than my 'trek with the OEM Geolanders.

· Registered
45 Posts
I thought they were fine, until "Subaru Season" - as my friend and longtime Subi driver calls winter - hit.

In the fresh snow, and slight slush the past few days they were borderline, but acceptable, since I've only got 3,500 miles on them. This morning on my way into work, however, the roads were cold enough to ice over, and they were BAD. Not quite summer performance tire bad, but enough that I'm going to be shopping for winter tires today.

I've run dedicated winter tires before, and even a relatively budget model (Firestones, not sure which model) on a fwd Ford Focus were more confidence inspiring than my 'trek with the OEM Geolanders.
Is it bad form to quote one's self? :unsure:

Regardless, I took some time time on my lunch break to order a set of 225/65R17 Bridgestone Blizzaks. I'll be keeping my OEM Geolanders, and may have them reinstalled in the spring since they only have 3,500 miles on them. On the other hand, I might do new rims and/or tires, but I'm trying to resist the urge to go too crazy with unnecessary mods, and the Geolanders are perfectly meh for burning up with commuting miles.

Tires will be here next Monday, I don't have to pay until my installation appointment Dec 13. Depending on what sort of Black Friday deals pop up next week, I might cancel and re-order, but at least they're on the way.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT
492 Posts
I do not. Worst stock tires I’ve ever had on a vehicle, loudest I’ve ever had, even compared to aggressive off-road truck tires on my Tacoma like the general grabber and ko2s, these stupid g91fs are so loud. They suck in the rain, suck in the snow, and chirp or drone on hot dry pavement. They’re tolerable on dirt or gravel but not comfortable or smooth. I find them to be barebones rubber just so they can be driven legally. That’s about all they’re good for, is a burn pile!

· Registered
2023 Sport 6 Speed Crystal White Pearl
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I do not. Worst stock tires I’ve ever had on a vehicle, loudest I’ve ever had, even compared to aggressive off-road truck tires on my Tacoma like the general grabber and ko2s, these stupid g91fs are so loud. They suck in the rain, suck in the snow, and chirp or drone on hot dry pavement. They’re tolerable on dirt or gravel but not comfortable or smooth. I find them to be barebones rubber just so they can be driven legally. That’s about all they’re good for, is a burn pile!
Don't be shy. Tell us what you REALLY think of them!! lol

· Registered
7 Posts
I put 15k on them since new early this year when I got the car. Never felt very planted and was not happy at all on wet roads. I commute over a 4000 foot pass into Boise daily so we get light snow and ice and they did not grip well at all. I just put Blizzaks on as the dedicated winter tire like I had on my Outback and its night and day winter as most dedicated winter tires would be. In the spring I am putting on the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail even though the Geo's have decent tread still. Thanks to this forum I got a lot of info on what works well on these smaller Subies

View attachment 313756 View attachment 313757
Just went home for the Thanksgiving week and last night when I84 over the Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon was closed multiple times for semi's and cars wrecking all over, these damn tires had no loss of traction on the compact snow and ice. I actually took an exit and did some very unscientific but fun acceleration and breaking tests and the car did not break loose easy at all. I did this with the Geo's on the same pass in less snow two weeks ago and it was not fun. For conditions like this The Blizzacks were worth everything.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts