Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Crosstrek Premium - Wanting to disable these side mirror LED lights at night when parked in a campground. Like them in generally, but don’t need to light up my campsite at 2 a.m. when I get out for relief!

Have been unable to find an answer in searching here, on Google, asking in Facebook groups, etc.

Anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put a piece of electrical tape over them. Easy.
Easy, but runs down the battery. Not just after dark but anytime during the day the doors or hatch are open they’re on...constantly. Pulling a fuse seems the only way to turn them off and not drain down the battery.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy, but runs down the battery. Not just after dark but anytime during the day the doors or hatch are open they’re on...constantly. Pulling a fuse seems the only way to turn them off and not drain down the battery.
I should add I could be in camp for days and while I can defeat the interior lights, those side mirror lights are constantly on when doors/hatch is open...which can be a lot. That’s not as dramatic a moment as the 2 a.m. “hey everyone, I’m here” sort of feeling when the campsite’s lit up! ha.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
171 Posts
Ah. Just looked in my manual at the fuse chart....I don't see one specific to that mirror side light, so I think pulling the fuse might take out other stuff.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah. Just looked in my manual at the fuse chart....I don't see one specific to that mirror side light, so I think pulling the fuse might take out other stuff.
Yeah, that’s my concern before I start yanking likely fuses. May have to ask my dealer (if they’ll even tell me). Would love to eventually put a switch in just to turn those off when I hit camp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not an answer, but something to look into. Check the manual for approach lighting or welcome lighting. I'm not sure about the Premium, but in the Limited I know I can turn that on and off. It seems like the lighted mirrors would be on with the approach lighting.

Reactions: sas-XV

·
Registered
106 Posts
Led are extremely low voltage. To the point it's no concern as to battery drain. I have the lights also and have to say that the blue light is not very bright at all. I like the aesthetic but it's not very illuminating in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts