Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a full header back exhaust and if so has eliminating 1 of the 2 Cats caused any problems with passing emissions, I’m in NY if that helps we have pretty struck emissions rules not California strict but enough to be annoying?

·
Registered
2013 MT Crosstrek
33 Posts
Is anyone running a full header back exhaust and if so has eliminating 1 of the 2 Cats caused any problems with passing emissions, I’m in NY if that helps we have pretty struck emissions rules not California strict but enough to be annoying?
I was running one cat in CT and got a tune to remove the CEL. All the inspector did was look under the car to see one cat and scan the ECU for problems and I was fine since we took the CEL off

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was running one cat in CT and got a tune to remove the CEL. All the inspector did was look under the car to see one cat and scan the ECU for problems and I was fine since we took the CEL off
No problem with emissions??

·
Registered
2013 MT Crosstrek
33 Posts
Wow they checked huh
Yeah, I had to change my manifold back to stock but its possible I could of just gone to a strict shop. Im sure you may be able to find a shop that allows you to run catless exhaust. I tried to look for UEL catted manifolds but they set you back quite a bit more compared to my CNT UEL catless I had

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, I had to change my manifold back to stock but its possible I could of just gone to a strict shop. Im sure you may be able to find a shop that allows you to run catless exhaust. I tried to look for UEL catted manifolds but they set you back quite a bit more compared to my CNT UEL catless I had
So I'm guessing you have no problem with your vehicle emitting unspent hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, and carbon monoxide into the atmosphere just so you can get a small bump in power and that cool sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts