Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem is when I go to put gas in the car, the pump shuts off after less than a dollars worth of gas goes in and the filler tube is full of gas. This is after going 100 plus miles so I know it should take more than a dollars worth of gas. I did notice when I got home and opened the gas cap, the gas is like circulating in the filler tube?

Brought it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they said the vent was clogged with cobwebs, said they cleaned it out and filled the tank and it was fixed. I picked it up and after driving it for a few days, I had the same problem and couldn't get more than 75 cents in the tank. Dropped the car back off last week and I called today to follow up and they said they updated the computer software and that should correct the problem and they were out test driving it and would call me tomorrow morning and let me know when I can pick it up.

Anyone fun into a similar problem? I saw the threads where the gas bars drop quick but my issue is I can't get gas in the car when I know the tank isn't full.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yes, I’ve been dealing with it for a few months now. This happens when the vent tube gets clogged, as the dealer originally said. I have just under 130k on the clock, so I’ve never taken mine in for this. I just need to stop being so lazy and remove the filler tube to clean it out.

However, mine is nowhere near as bad as yours. I can get in about 1-1.5gal at a time at most pumps. But when it shuts off, I can always continue adding right away. And, there’s one particular pump at one particular gas station near me that pumps slow enough that it doesn’t shut off, and I can fill the tank all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should be able to pick it up today. They are still saying they only upgraded the software and they've been able to put gas in it without a problem. Hopefully it's fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem is when I go to put gas in the car, the pump shuts off after less than a dollars worth of gas goes in and the filler tube is full of gas. This is after going 100 plus miles so I know it should take more than a dollars worth of gas. I did notice when I got home and opened the gas cap, the gas is like circulating in the filler tube?

Brought it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they said the vent was clogged with cobwebs, said they cleaned it out and filled the tank and it was fixed. I picked it up and after driving it for a few days, I had the same problem and couldn't get more than 75 cents in the tank. Dropped the car back off last week and I called today to follow up and they said they updated the computer software and that should correct the problem and they were out test driving it and would call me tomorrow morning and let me know when I can pick it up.

Anyone fun into a similar problem? I saw the threads where the gas bars drop quick but my issue is I can't get gas in the car when I know the tank isn't full.

Thanks
I have the same issue as you, I know when I am close to a 1/4 tank it will take somewhere around 7 gallons. I cannot get the tank to fill up the last tick mark of fuel. Going to have it looked at on next regular service visit. When I pump gas I aready know I need to pump on slowest possible handle pull and even than will not fill up as it just keeps shutting off pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts