Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all I have a 2020 Subaru Crosstrek Base model. I am looking to install fog lights into the car. When I bought the car I asked if they could be installed in the future and I was told that it does have the wiring all set up for it.

There is no on/off switch on the inside of the car either. How would I go about installing the fog lights themselves and putting the on/off switch in as well?

I'm including a picture of my car as well.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Base
153 Posts
I installed fog lights on my 2020 base model last year, it is 100% plug and play.

The OEM kit is part # H4510FL001, I personally bought the OLM kit from subispeed (which doesn't appear to be on their website currently), its all OEM parts except the fog lights themselves and its about half the price. However I installed diode dynamics fog light housings and I had a $200 gift card from work, so I got the OLM kit for free and then paid the $200ish for the diode dynamics fog lights.

OEM kit installation instructions, same process regardless of which lights you actually use.

This thread has some information on what part numbers are needed, if you want to buy them separately.

If you go to the link in my signature and look at the first post, you can see all the OEM part numbers that come with the OLM kit, I have other post in there as well showing other parts I used for the fog lights.

EDIT:
I forgot to add that you kind find several "how to" videos on youtube of people doing fog lights installs, should help give you a better idea of what to do. Personally most of Subaru's installation instructions are terrible, especially when compared to the stuff that Acura/Honda provides, which is what I am use to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there, I recently did an install video for my 2021 base model with a parts list in the description. The only difference will be the fog light covers. Make sure you order the covers for MY 2018-2020 as they changed them on the 2021 models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts