Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights on my 2021 base model. Here's the video is anyone is interested in the install. Sorry for the shaky camera work, I tried holding the GoPro while filming during some portions. That was a bad idea in retrospect.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i have a 2019 base model with the 6 speed manual transmission and was a bit panicky after realizing it didn't have fog lights. luckily i was able to get them installed! nice job on the one's you chose. still a bit bummed that that the speakers on the dash are not wired for tweeters and the dealer does want to run wires to the speakers. i am a bit hesitant to bring it to an audio place for some reason. but i would really like those two extra speakers for sure!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
10 Posts
I recently installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights on my 2021 base model. Here's the video is anyone is interested in the install. Sorry for the shaky camera work, I tried holding the GoPro while filming during some portions. That was a bad idea in retrospect.

Decided to install the same fog lights onto my 2021 Sport but noticed that the fog light and headlight kind of blends together when both of them are on at the same time, whereas yours has a clear distinction between them against a wall. When you angled yours downward, did you then tighten the bolts or leave them as-is before placing the plastic covers back on? I fear I've installed them incorrectly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to install the same fog lights onto my 2021 Sport but noticed that the fog light and headlight kind of blends together when both of them are on at the same time, whereas yours has a clear distinction between them against a wall. When you angled yours downward, did you then tighten the bolts or leave them as-is before placing the plastic covers back on? I fear I've installed them incorrectly.
Yes, I tightened the bolts once I got the lights angles down where I wanted them then put the plastic covers on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi I came across your post and am also interested in installing fog lights into my car. I have a 2020 Crosstrek. Where did you buy the covers from? Through Subaru or someone else?
Hey there! I bought the covers from the dealership. The part number in the Youtube video description is 2021 specific. I believe 18-20my have the same cover.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Base
20 Posts
Thanks for the video! I have the 21 base model and I would love to add fog lights to it. The kit is $300+ and the dealership is wanting an additional $200+ for labor! So once I can, I'm going to get the kit and try to do it myself. It's nice to know that everything is pre-wired for it.

Quick question...what is the best way to access the panel and pop out one of the blank spots where the switch gets installed? On one of my cars, I had to remove 2 other covers before being able to access the switch panel. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the video! I have the 21 base model and I would love to add fog lights to it. The kit is $300+ and the dealership is wanting an additional $200+ for labor! So once I can, I'm going to get the kit and try to do it myself. It's nice to know that everything is pre-wired for it.

Quick question...what is the best way to access the panel and pop out one of the blank spots where the switch gets installed? On one of my cars, I had to remove 2 other covers before being able to access the switch panel. Thanks!
I didn't even need to pop out the panel. The switches that fit the fog light switch are the bottom row. It's a bit awkward but you can just lay down under them and remove whichever dead switch you want to replace with the fog light switch. Use a small screw driver to push the prongs in on the dead switch and then it just pops right out.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base 6MT Cool Gray Khaki
62 Posts
I ordered the parts you listed for my 2021 Base model and the parts place is saying the trim covers won’t fit. They list fitting only the premium and limited. They fit the base model right? There’s no difference between the 2021 models except for the sport?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the parts you listed for my 2021 Base model and the parts place is saying the trim covers won’t fit. They list fitting only the premium and limited. They fit the base model right? There’s no difference between the 2021 models except for the sport?
Hi there, yes they will fit. They list them for the premium and limited because they have the cut outs for the fog lights which the base model doesn't have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, yes they will fit. They list them for the premium and limited because they have the cut outs for the fog lights which the base model doesn't have.
When I look up part numbers for the relays, rivets, and bolts, it lists as fits 2014-17 forester. It’s making me think I’m ordering wrong parts but everything should be okay..right? I drive a 2022 base crosstrek.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base 6MT Cool Gray Khaki
62 Posts
When I look up part numbers for the relays, rivets, and bolts, it lists as fits 2014-17 forester. It’s making me think I’m ordering wrong parts but everything should be okay..right? I drive a 2022 base crosstrek.
All the parts listed worked on my 2021 Crosstrek.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts