Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights on my 2021 base model. Here's the video is anyone is interested in the install. Sorry for the shaky camera work, I tried holding the GoPro while filming during some portions. That was a bad idea in retrospect.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have a 2019 base model with the 6 speed manual transmission and was a bit panicky after realizing it didn't have fog lights. luckily i was able to get them installed! nice job on the one's you chose. still a bit bummed that that the speakers on the dash are not wired for tweeters and the dealer does want to run wires to the speakers. i am a bit hesitant to bring it to an audio place for some reason. but i would really like those two extra speakers for sure!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport
5 Posts
I recently installed some Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights on my 2021 base model. Here's the video is anyone is interested in the install. Sorry for the shaky camera work, I tried holding the GoPro while filming during some portions. That was a bad idea in retrospect.

Decided to install the same fog lights onto my 2021 Sport but noticed that the fog light and headlight kind of blends together when both of them are on at the same time, whereas yours has a clear distinction between them against a wall. When you angled yours downward, did you then tighten the bolts or leave them as-is before placing the plastic covers back on? I fear I've installed them incorrectly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to install the same fog lights onto my 2021 Sport but noticed that the fog light and headlight kind of blends together when both of them are on at the same time, whereas yours has a clear distinction between them against a wall. When you angled yours downward, did you then tighten the bolts or leave them as-is before placing the plastic covers back on? I fear I've installed them incorrectly.
Yes, I tightened the bolts once I got the lights angles down where I wanted them then put the plastic covers on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I came across your post and am also interested in installing fog lights into my car. I have a 2020 Crosstrek. Where did you buy the covers from? Through Subaru or someone else?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I came across your post and am also interested in installing fog lights into my car. I have a 2020 Crosstrek. Where did you buy the covers from? Through Subaru or someone else?
Hey there! I bought the covers from the dealership. The part number in the Youtube video description is 2021 specific. I believe 18-20my have the same cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts