Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
717 Posts
Amazon, of course. One day delivery. 6 quarts at $54.
Why six individual quarts? At that price one could move to AMSOIL SS or even HPL.

Incredible sheer resistance, and it has recently been updated for GF-6/SP.
Most all good oils are API SP and ILSAC 6....as it's already been a couple of years; not really new anymore.

I choose Valvoline EP 0w20 due to the moly and very good UOA's over at BITOG. I'm also doing 3K OCI's, so any oil would do that job. If you are talking about doing extended OCI's, then, yeah, shear resistance is a factor, but not at 3K OCI's.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
717 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
717 Posts
What I like about the no spill systems is that it has a smaller threaded portion that goes into the oil pan. I like the idea of the drain valve being flush inside the oil pan to ensure the most complete drain.
I hear ya, as I thought about that too wondering how far it would stick up. Nothing that a little grinder use wouldn't take care of. ;)

First I heard of the No-Spill system. Another great option.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
717 Posts
Wow, I would appreciate that a lot, thank you! Can I ask why you made the switch to the stahlbus?
I just prefer the design of the Stahlbus, that's all. Just a cleaner look and has a failsafe cap just in case the ball valve would fail. I won't be changing the oil for a bit yet though, as I just have a little over 1,000 miles on it now I believe.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
717 Posts
If you put in 5 quarts you over filled it which may be giving you a false sense of having no oil consumption. The correct oil quantity is 4.4 qt for the 2.5L engine.
View attachment 312972
I can tell you, in my experience, 4.4 qts will not show as full on the dipstick when changing the filter as well. When I put in 5 qts and take it for ride and come back and let it sit on a level surface over night, it will be a bit over full when I check it cold. I then used my Fumoto valve to drain a little bit at a time till the level correctly reads full. I removed 8oz for this to occur. So, for me, 4.75 quarts is full on a cold engine when replacing the filter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts