Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Crosstrek premium Crystal Black silica
14 Posts
I for one do not mind the S/S system. If you dont like it, dont fully press the brake pedal while stopped. apply minimal pressure and the S/S wont engage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
on the 18+ Crosstrek there is one company that makes a in line module that defaults the *** system to off. So it’s always off unless you use the dash switch & turn it back on. I believe you have to have a limited/loaded Premium model though as there’s some option you have to have for it to work. There’s a module under the drivers seat you plug their device into. Unfortunately my Premium doesn’t have it so I can’t comment on how it works. But the reviews I’ve read on here about all say it works as it’s suppose to.

Assuming the 2021 Trek is still a push button on the dash & not in the screen like the Oddback I’d imagine they will make another device for it. There will be enough interest from people like use to justify the R&D for it just might take a year or so.

There’s also a youtube video of how to put toggle switch in line with the current switch to do the same thing.

Eventually big brother will shut all these companies down making these like they shut down the DEF delete guys for diesels & Diode Dynamics for the LED headlights.

I don’t mind doing my part for emissions to “save your kids Earth” but I don’t agree with the USA being held to such a ridiculously unattainable standard while 2/3rds of the world gets a free pass. We all share one Ozone therefore it needs to be one attainable standard for all...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is it something you can simply pull a fuse for? “Asking for a friend“

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I suspect there would only be one post/discussion thread about it if it was as simple as that ;)
The thread posted here previously about this device is the most promising of them all Model Year 2018 and Newer - Auto Start/Stop Disable In the meantime, I've just developed a very deft right/brake foot 🐨

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
I suspect there would only be one post/discussion thread about it if it was as simple as that ;)
You're kidding, right? There would be a least one new thread started per week with a new user asking which fuse to pull... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
You're kidding, right? There would be a least one new thread started per week with a new user asking which fuse to pull... :rolleyes:
LOL well @AstroKats the level in my wine glass always hovers between full (optimist) and half full (disappointed realist). Plus the glass can always be refilled (realist).

🙏Be kind to the New Users. Not all jump straight into a question already well covered. Many stalk for a few months while quietly observing the discussions unfolding, learning the parlance and wondering why the search function doesn't perform as well for them as the @Doca and @AstroKats of the Forum. PEACE, LOVE and MUNG BEANS 🙏 🐨

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
LOL well @AstroKats the level in my wine glass always hovers between full (optimist) and half full (disappointed realist). Plus the glass can always be refilled (realist).

🙏Be kind to the New Users. Not all jump straight into a question already well covered. Many stalk for a few months while quietly observing the discussions unfolding, learning the parlance and wondering why the search function doesn't perform as well for them as the @Doca and @AstroKats of the Forum. PEACE, LOVE and MUNG BEANS 🙏 🐨
You're right, of course... 😸

Pessimist: The glass is half empty
Optimist: The glass is half full
Cat: The glass is now on the floor

·
Registered
585 Posts
You're right, of course... 😸

Pessimist: The glass is half empty
Optimist: The glass is half full
Cat: The glass is now on the floor
ROFL That b*st*rd wont be allowed anywhere near my glass then. Spilt milk I can handle. Spilt wine, not so much 🐨

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Technically the glass is always full; 1/2 air, 1/2 wine!

Doesn't help much with the cat though...
LMAO!

Cats can be jerks sometimes - they probably enjoy it more if the glass is mostly full of wine rather than mostly full of air... 😸

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

I don't typically use the forum's search. On the rare occassions I want to seach inside the site, I go to Google and type in my search criteria followed by site:subaruxvforum.com. If I cant find what I'm looking for I'll change it to inurl:subaru and/or inurl:forum to scoop results from any subaru site.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
There's also this sticky in every forum... 😸

I set it up because the search was so terrible when the site was on the previous platform but I find the current advanced search works well.

Reactions: Doca

·
Registered
2017 CrossTrek Limited
24 Posts
Quick question.... On the 2018+ gen CrossTrek's that have the larger 8" screen/Nav/HK sound system; is the Stop Start still a physical button as it is in the lower trims or is it software like the 2020 Outback?

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Quick question.... On the 2018+ gen CrossTrek's that have the larger 8" screen/Nav/HK sound system; is the Stop Start still a physical button as it is in the lower trims or is it software like the 2020 Outback?
That's a good point. Some of the hacks I have seen involve the wiring for the physical switch.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't typically use the forum's search. On the rare occassions I want to seach inside the site, I go to Google and type in my search criteria followed by site:subaruxvforum.com. If I cant find what I'm looking for I'll change it to inurl:subaru and/or inurl:forum to scoop results from any subaru site.
A nod of respect to you and your helpfulness with links and procedural writing. Thanks @Doca :)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts