Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Placed the order for my 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT back on July 9 and just picked it up a few days ago.

Pretty happy I got it at all. For a while there, the dealer was suggesting my order might get bumped to 2024! Did. Not. Want.

Anyway, it’s here now and I love it! Not going to be doing much in the way of mods, just added a ski box, Husky Liners and some RokBlokz mud flaps.

Not much overland stuff to be done up here - this will spend 95% of its time on pavement and maybe 5% on good gravel, so keeping the stock ride and handling is the priority.

I also have zero complaints about the shifter so far. Thought maybe I’d have to add the Perrin slop eliminator, and maybe some solid bushings, but I think it’s just fine as is.

Of course, it will see lots of snow and ice, so already have it rolling on a set of Hakkapeliitta 10 studded winters.

Been too busy driving it to get any good photos, but a couple snaps for now.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Snow

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, my salesman said I got lucky. Apparently, near the end of ‘23 production, they ran out of parts to make automatics (I’m guessing chips for EyeSight) so they went down the list and started cranking out manuals instead.

Dunno how much truth there is to that, but seems pretty certain at this point that I’ve got one of the last manual Crosstreks built - ever.

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I hear [from experts and the like] is the smartest of all Crosstrek buyers buy one in white!

It looks very nice!!

:geek:
Haha, yes!

Wasn't sure about white at first. I’ve never really liked white cars before, but also wasn’t crazy about any of the other colour options.

I think white really suits the Crosstrek. Love the contrast with all the black bits.

· Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Haha, yes!

Wasn't sure about white at first. I’ve never really liked white cars before, but also wasn’t crazy about any of the other colour options.

I think white really suits the Crosstrek. Love the contrast with all the black bits.
Terrible choice of tyre...

joking

Manuals are a 50/50 split front and back vs CVT 40/60 if recalling correctly. I would have liked a Sport 2.5L MT, but that'll never happen. You're lucky. We were lucky to buy a MY leftover for full price. Didn't pick the colour or options, it was the only one on the entire lot not taken.

White is a perfect colour.
1. It does not absorb heat from the sun and is fade resistant.
2. Any mod to the exterior is enhanced, like red or blue recovery hooks, or choices of rims etc

It's a good palate to begin with [think sheet of paper]

Great choice of winter tyre [you can climb the back of a couch with those]. (y)

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven’t had much of a chance to test out the tires yet, unfortunately. Of course, all of December was minus 30 and the roads were thick with a slick layer of polished ice, but it’s been warmer for a while and most all the roads are bare pavement now. :rolleyes:

I will say I’m happy with them on the pavement though. Noisy around town, but not too noticeable once up to speed. And the handling seems fine on bare pavement too.

Personally, I think a top-tier studless tire (Blizzak WS-90s on my last car were great!) is the best compromise for our winters here, but my wife was adamant about going with studded. Who am I to argue? :)

· Premium Member
2,083 Posts
We've ran the Blizzak tyres starting with the WS-50's to WS-90's for 15 years. They burn up very quickly. They are expensive too. Never could get more than 2 seasons out of them before turned down to an all-season. Noisy.

Watch below good technology and how you've made the correct choice.

· Registered
2023 Sport 6 Speed Crystal White Pearl
303 Posts
Haha, yes!

I couldn't agree more! And like you... I wasn't sure I wanted a white one either. That is until I saw it in person. The closer you get to it the more impressive it becomes. I remember seeing this color on Cadillacs and Lexus' models. I think the Crosstrek in white looks bigger. And it will never go out of style. I was seriously thinking of ordering a red one at first but the white paint looks more expensive.

On my Crosstrek - I replaced the Yokohama Geolander tires with Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires before it left the lot. So far very happy with them. [Although I've only driven about 200 km's or so]

😎

· Premium Member
2,083 Posts

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Matched paint Body side Molding. You'll thank us later.

I have seen that and seriously thought about it.

Just not crazy about the idea, though. I remember my grandmother had those on the side of her Oldsmobile.

I’ll probably regret it after the first door ding, but I do like the clean lines of the car without them.

· Registered
2023 Dark Blue Pearl Crosstrek Sport with Eyesight, CVT
436 Posts
Haha, yes!

I agree. Having owned 2 white ones, the contrast with the black cladding is more striking than on the dark blue. The white is also way easier to keep looking clean!

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
congrats! looks great.

Does it feel like it has enough power or a little sluggish?
So far it seems totally fine, and I haven’t even taken it over 4,000 rpm yet.

And I’m coming from a Stage 1 GTI that was probably 250 HP or so. I knew the Crosstrek wasn’t going to be a rocket ship, and that’s fine.

No problem so far merging onto the highway, passing on a two-lane, or maintaining speed up hills (and that’s in the Canadian Rockies.) Just have to plan ahead and not be afraid to rev it out (just to 4,000 rpm for now.)

But almost all of my driving is rural. Might not be as much fun in the city on a really busy Interstate where everyone is doing 75+.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts