Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! This is going to be a super noob question, but if I have the 8” Starlink HU in my 2020 Crosstrek and DO NOT have the Harmon Kardon sound system, the audio system is NOT amplified, correct? The power to the speakers comes from the head unit?

Thanks,

·
Registered
136 Posts
I believe your correct(IE no amp, powered by head unit). The upgrade from Subaru for your MY20 and our MY18 is a Rockford Fosgate kit (speakers, harness, amp/processor, etc..). They are about $300-400USD in the states, online. Nice, as it's plug and play. No affiliation, but here's the kit for your car(if as described)...
speaker kit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone out there who’s installed this themselves... how long did it take you? (That’s a pretty detailed set of instructions...)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone out there who’s installed this themselves... how long did it take you? (That’s a pretty detailed set of instructions...)
instructions: kit
Yep(12 pages), my guess is a couple, to a few hours for the uninitiated. I did a similar kit on our Boxster( speakers & harness for rear storage housing) and old Miata(long gone). This kit does not look as bad(IE harness does not run the length of car). It helps to have an assortment of pry tools(plastic, pick set, etc....). Dropping out the glove box is quite easy as it needs to be done to access the cabin filter for replacement(already replaced ours).
The guys at the dealer probably install these at 15-20 minute intervals. Ordered a kit, so I'll see how long it takes me to install it. ; )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts