Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Eyesight technology covered by warrenty?

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  domreaper 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how much of the "eyesight" tech is covered by the basic new car warrenty on 2019 crosstrek?

#2 ·
The warranty doesn't specifically mention Eyesight but covers "any part" for "defects". They even cover brakes, clutches and wiper blades for 3yr/36K. It's also worth noting that the Gold Plus extended warranty specifically mentions electronics, which makes it worth the money, in my opinion, if you intend to keep the car a long time.

#4 ·
In that case maybe contact Subaru of America. You've got me paranoid now, too, LOL, so I'll be curious what you find out. I can imagine that repairing or replacing Eyesight would be quite a costly endeavor and no third party options available.

#7 ·
AstroKats,
After a long conversation with dealership person I found out that the Service agreement "form" that they used was from 2017. The new forms have a more accurate reporting of the coverage of the the computer, sound system and eyesight coverage. I'm greatly relieved.

#9 ·
Good to hear because I am a pretty good researcher and could not find it anywhere that Eyesight was explicitly excluded or included. Thanks for your post.

Reactions: RAMJ
#11 ·
EyeSight is covered, but my own dealer can't seem to fix the Lane Keep Assist function (the steering wheel tug feature to keep you in lane). Kinda irritated since I paid for it, but then again, I found LKA annoying so I'm not raising any hell. My wife, however, is royally bummed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.