Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
@FLCrosstrekker : Thanks; capable enough with the audio side, I‘m more hesitant to talk about Eyesight because without one to play with, it’s just a paper exercise. Thankfully, I have a very good resource (that admin won’t let me share).

@RevazTheGreat : Copart is a great source for parts, and VINs, if you get my drift, lol. I’m glad that you were able to find a unit so quickly and I suspect, cheaply. I’m looking forward to reading of your success.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine goes off at sunrise, sunset, (low sun) fog, rain, dark and snow. Other words only works in perfect conditions, so why do I need it? Pshah I shut it off! Drove me crazy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone!

Subaru Crosstrek 2018 Premium w/EyeSight owner.

I have a question about EyeSight system that doesn't work properly.

So, while driving a highway at around 62-68 MPH at night the EyeSight was offline all the way.
While driving in a city, the System goes on and off, I get "EyeSight disabled no camera view" and lane assist and collision assist are off.

I read that during foggy weather, rain or at night it tends to go offline, but in my case it's random in every weather. The windshield is clear from the inside and outside.

What I found was that when I stop by the red light and then start accelerating, or if I have to move slowly in a city, while constantly using brakes, the system is on for some time, but when I start speeding up, it shut's down.

What could cause this problem?
My 2018 does the same thing. Eye Sight is about as random as it gets. I just ignore it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have occasional issues with my Eyesight on my 2019 Crosstrek. Usually it's in marginal weather or for the first few minutes of a drive. There is a class action suit that just started against Subaru for multiple features of Eyesight not working as well as they should or not working in a consistent manner. Unfortunately, it does not include the overall problem of it being a bit flaky and vehicle dependent as to when it is on or off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
@Doca I'm sorry to say this but installing telematics unit didn't fix my Eyesight problem, it's something else :)

Been driving today a lots and it continued to turn on and off.

I tried to find some pattern, when it turns on and goes off.

Today I went to my village house that is located around 35 km's from the city. It was a daylight, the road was ascent and the Eyesight was offline almost all the way. When I returned back, it was already evening, the road accordingly was ascend I used brakes every now and then. Eyesight was on almost all the way until I reached a small inhabited and lit area.

I also saw there are some very small sketches from the windshield wipers that reflects the city lights, maybe that is the reason. Also somehow the Eyesight goes on or stays on when I use the brakes or go slow. I read one car owner had a problem with brake light switch, changed it with non OEM and eyesight was not working properly until he installed an OEM one.

So I think it's either connected to windshield or with the brakes :)))

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Today I continued to observe how and when does the EyeSight turn on and off, also the timing, because sometimes it turns on/off immediately, sometimes it takes more time, like 2-3 minutes. The only thing I'm certain of is that it turns on after I use the brakes, either when I stop and drive or just use around 50-60% of the brakes power while driving. So is it something connected to the brakes, or is it connected to the speed, that's an interesting thing.

I wonder if this applies to me, I have to check if it has a part number on it.. ('14-'18) - Eyesight Disabled After Brake...

Or maybe I just need to recalibrate it, there is no official Subaru dealership in Georgia (not US) and it sucks.. I wonder if other car diagnostic gadgets could recalibrate my Subaru Eyesight, we have Hyundai, Toyota, Mazda dealerships.. We have a Subaru re-seller but with a very poor service.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts