Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
yup, it was. clarified original post. Both are gold plus SOA warranties.
Wow. In that case, an outstanding price! The dealer sold me a Zurich 10/100K/0 extended warranty for $1,750 when I bought the car in March 2020. The price sounded quite good, so I bit. Knowing what I know now, I have some regrets about not holding out for a Subaru Gold Plus. Although reading around, it seems Zurich is fairly reputable. My only fear is if they try to weasel out of any coverage down the road. Only time will tell.

We picked my wife's new '22 sport up the weekend before last, and I ended up buying her the gold plus SOA branded warranty with 10 year/100k miles/0 deductible for $1,850.
Who was the dealer? I'm currently in the market for the same plan.

I bought the SOA warranty in the finance office at the local subaru dealership in waukesha wi - for the crosstrek. On a side note, if you're in the finance office, just simply ask for the price you want. The finance rep didn't' even bat an eye when i told him what we would take the warranty for, after explaining the full price. no hesitation, he just accepted. And for their part, the dealership was pretty good to work with over all once we got their attention. They looked 100% busy every time we were in, so some slow response was expected, but we felt good working with them.

Back in 2020 I read that dealerships were no longer allowed to sell outside their area (range unknown) but there was a thread on the forester forum talking about it. Since I got my forester used, from a jaguar dealership, they obviously didn't have SOA warranties. I got lucky and was able to make a deal with a dealership about 80 miles away for that one, but the dealer specifically asked me not to pass it along because they weren't going to keep selling warranties to remote customers.

I bought the SOA warranty in the finance office at the local subaru dealership in waukesha wi - for the crosstrek. On a side note, if you're in the finance office, just simply ask for the price you want. The finance rep didn't' even bat an eye when i told him what we would take the warranty for, after explaining the full price. no hesitation, he just accepted. And for their part, the dealership was pretty good to work with over all once we got their attention. They looked 100% busy every time we were in, so some slow response was expected, but we felt good working with them.

Back in 2020 I read that dealerships were no longer allowed to sell outside their area (range unknown) but there was a thread on the forester forum talking about it. Since I got my forester used, from a jaguar dealership, they obviously didn't have SOA warranties. I got lucky and was able to make a deal with a dealership about 80 miles away for that one, but the dealer specifically asked me not to pass it along because they weren't going to keep selling warranties to remote customers.
Dealerships are like restaurants. There are good ones, dismal ones and exemplary ones.

Here's my recent experience in purchasing a SOA 10year/100k mile/0 deductible Gold Plus Added Security plan for our 2019 Crosstrek. I contacted about a dozen dealers for a quote, five of which were well beyond the 200 mile range cited above. The only dealer that refused to give me a quote for being out of market was Planet Subaru. The best quote I got in state was from a Phoenix dealer 125 miles away - $1750. When I contacted a Missouri dealer the finance person sensed I was "shopping" and asked me for the best price quote I had received thus far. When I told her $1750 she offered $1695 if I would do the deal now. I went ahead and gave her all the particulars including VIN, AZ address and credit card payment. I followed up with a phone call several days later because I never received a promised confirmation email. Finance person I had been dealing with said she had been out sick but would process the transaction within two days. Several more days went by and I called again, this time to cancel the transaction as I was getting close to the 36 month cutoff. She apologized and said they were really short handed in finance and had a backlog of paperwork. The point I am trying to make is that this dealership 1000+ miles away was willing to sell me the SOA extended warranty. Unfortunately I just couldn't wait any longer for fear of breaching the 36 month cutoff while the Missouri dealer caught up on paperwork. As a result I ended up purchasing the $1750 deal from the Phoenix area dealer and had a confirmation email within an hour.

It pays to shop around. Here are the quotes I received for the exact same Gold Plus 10/100/0 plan: $3095*, 3000, 2950*, 2770, 2570, 2550, 2250, 2175*, 1750 and 1695*. Those prices with an * were out of market/state dealers.
[edit] I just received a late quote from another AZ dealer - $1850.

Here's my recent experience in purchasing a SOA 10year/100k mile/0 deductible Gold Plus Added Security plan for our 2019 Crosstrek. I contacted about a dozen dealers for a quote, five of which were well beyond the 200 mile range cited above. The only dealer that refused to give me a quote for being out of market was Planet Subaru. The best quote I got in state was from a Phoenix dealer 125 miles away - $1750. When I contacted a Missouri dealer the finance person knew I was "shopping" and asked me for the best price quote I had received thus far. When I told her $1750 she offered $1695 if I would do the deal now. I went ahead and gave her all the particulars including VIN, AZ address and credit card payment. I followed up with a phone call several days later because I never received a promised confirmation email. Finance person I had been dealing with said she had been out sick but would process the transaction within two days. Several more days went by and I called again, this time to cancel the transaction as I was getting close to the 36 month cutoff. She apologized and said they were really short handed in finance and had a backlog of paperwork. The point I am trying to make is that this dealership 1000+ miles away was willing to sell me the SOA extended warranty. Unfortunately I just couldn't wait any longer for fear of breaching the 36 month cutoff while the Missouri dealer caught up on paperwork. As a result I ended up purchasing the $1750 deal from the Phoenix area dealer and had a confirmation email within an hour.

It pays to shop around. Here are the quotes I received for the exact same Gold Plus 10/100/0 plan: $3095*, 3000, 2950*, 2770, 2570, 2550, 2250, 2175*, 1750 and 1695*. Those prices with an * were out of market/state dealers.
Very helpful post, thank you very much.

As of right now the Gold plan is available all the way up to 3 yr /36k correct?

Are there deductibles other than $0 available?

Very helpful post, thank you very much.

As of right now the Gold plan is available all the way up to 3 yr /36k correct?

Are there deductibles other than $0 available?
3/36K is the factory warranty. Subaru Gold Plus goes all the way up to 10/100K.

Reactions: AstroKats
They have two plans, both with options. The "Gold Plus" isn't that much more and covers more components and electronics, like the HU. Which is a good idea if you plan to keep the car for a long time.

"Many plan options up to 8 years, 120,000 miles and 10 years, 100,000 miles."

They have two plans, both with options. The "Gold Plus" isn't that much more and covers more components and electronics, like the HU. Which is a good idea if you plan to keep the car for a long time.

"Many plan options up to 8 years, 120,000 miles and 10 years, 100,000 miles."
And the Subaru Extended Warranty plans come with a $0, $50 or $100 deductibles- your choice.
I chose the 10year/100,000-mile $0 deductible options.

About 1400 for 100k/5 year
Would say 698 but the rest of that is 5year/100k 2 oil changes and rotation a year ... didn't think to ask if that was all subaru or just that dealers service(that dealer) checked to see if they minded changing it to a single service for changing the cvt fluid anything s bit pricer...nope oh well still got an ok deal on the gold plus I suppose. And if I'm ever planning to be an hour south I'll schedule the service.
I don't mind I changing my oil anyway. I already did a dump and fill at 1200 will do a full change here around 2500k-3000k depending if I want to do it before a 1400 mile one way trip or after. Probably before as I wouldn't mind some fresh lube in there after rolling through the Appalachians

If I'm buying used and out of factory warranty then I'll get an extended warranty. Got one on my 2014 XV that I bought in 2019. Bought it with 115k on the clock and about a month of owning it a bunch of lights came on the dash. It was something to do with the CVT and wiring harness. If I didn't have the warranty the price would have been 2800. With warranty was 800. Savings of 2k paid for the warranty. Totaled the car in August hitting a deer. New Crosstrek is a 2016 limited with 107k on the clock got the warranty again and the road Hazzard tire warranty. Also if you buy an extended warranty from the dealer and you sell or total it before that warranty expires go through the original dealer and have them fill out the proper forms to cancel it and get a prorated refund for it.

If I'm buying used and out of factory warranty then I'll get an extended warranty. Got one on my 2014 XV that I bought in 2019. Bought it with 115k on the clock and about a month of owning it a bunch of lights came on the dash. It was something to do with the CVT and wiring harness. If I didn't have the warranty the price would have been 2800. With warranty was 800. Savings of 2k paid for the warranty. Totaled the car in August hitting a deer. New Crosstrek is a 2016 limited with 107k on the clock got the warranty again and the road Hazzard tire warranty. Also if you buy an extended warranty from the dealer and you sell or total it before that warranty expires go through the original dealer and have them fill out the proper forms to cancel it and get a prorated refund for it.
I didn't know there were any extended warranties for cars over 100K miles. Nor did I know you could get a prorated refund if you sell or total the car.

Here it is. The CrossTrek is my nephews...was easier to say it's mine for Q&A's. He bought the Gold 10/100 for close to $2400. Salesman tossed some manure at the prices but done is done. He's happy.,... feels covered. First new car and wants to keep it forever. Thanks for all replies. The Gold was not offered to begin with ... It was the Classic plans (7 or 8 year) for the same price.

Just like an insurance policy, you hope you never have to use it.

To be clear, I have owned 7 cars including 3 new cars. This is the first time I ever bought an extended warranty. The price was right, so I bit.
I think with a car, if I bought an extended warranty I actually do want to use it. I want value for my money. If nothing happens and I don't use it, I will have wasted money and think I made a stupid decision spending that money. I'm hoping my car breaks so I didn't waste my money. I want my gamble to pay off.

That's not the case for life insurance or even health insurance, generally (although I have a chronic issue with extensive monthly prescription needs so that's a different scenario for my case).

Here's my recent experience in purchasing a SOA 10year/100k mile/0 deductible Gold Plus Added Security plan for our 2019 Crosstrek. I contacted about a dozen dealers for a quote, five of which were well beyond the 200 mile range cited above. The only dealer that refused to give me a quote for being out of market was Planet Subaru. The best quote I got in state was from a Phoenix dealer 125 miles away - $1750. When I contacted a Missouri dealer the finance person knew I was "shopping" and asked me for the best price quote I had received thus far. When I told her $1750 she offered $1695 if I would do the deal now. I went ahead and gave her all the particulars including VIN, AZ address and credit card payment. I followed up with a phone call several days later because I never received a promised confirmation email. Finance person I had been dealing with said she had been out sick but would process the transaction within two days. Several more days went by and I called again, this time to cancel the transaction as I was getting close to the 36 month cutoff. She apologized and said they were really short handed in finance and had a backlog of paperwork. The point I am trying to make is that this dealership 1000+ miles away was willing to sell me the SOA extended warranty. Unfortunately I just couldn't wait any longer for fear of breaching the 36 month cutoff while the Missouri dealer caught up on paperwork. As a result I ended up purchasing the $1750 deal from the Phoenix area dealer and had a confirmation email within an hour.

I live in Phoenix and was shopping for the same 10year/100k mile/0 deductible Gold Plus Added Security plan warranty for my better half's Crosstrek that you mentioned you found for $1750. Can you share the dealer name so as to narrow my search? I would appreciate the assistance. Thank you.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.