Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is totally hosed. I suppose that it's too long for the system to process.

·
Super Moderator
2013 XV Crosstrek, Tangerine Orange
3,531 Posts
It's not really the length of the game thread, it's just a byproduct of the ongoing database issues we've been discussing elsewhere. It will be fine as soon as the admins get around to doing the overdue database rebuild work, which should hopefully happen one of these ... years. :icon_mad:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not really the length of the game thread, it's just a byproduct of the ongoing database issues we've been discussing elsewhere. It will be fine as soon as the admins get around to doing the overdue database rebuild work, which should hopefully happen one of these ... years. :icon_mad:
Just curious: Are the admin personnel paid? For that matter, are the moderators paid or compensated in some way? The titles are nice! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Super Moderator
3,531 Posts
The moderators aren't compensated in any way ... we're just volunteers, and among all of us we've donated thousands of hours to the site. We must be a bunch of masochists. :)

The admins, on the other hand, are paid employees of the company that owns the site. That's one of the reasons it's so frustrating when the site has a significant problem and the admins are almost completely unresponsive about it. You'd think that their paychecks would give them something of a vested interest in seeing that their sites are functioning properly ...

·
Super Moderator
3,531 Posts
There are definitely a lot of negative stereotypes out there about big corporate IT departments ... and in this case, they all seem to be true. :/

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Wow!! I was a volunteer tech support years ago for the Prodigy service ... before the Internet was open to everyone. I got paid 2 free accounts for assisting other members using Prodigy LOL

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There are definitely a lot of negative stereotypes out there about big corporate IT departments ... and in this case, they all seem to be true. :/

PHEW!!!! Glad I'm small corporate IT :)

·
Super Moderator
3,531 Posts
Wow!! I was a volunteer tech support years ago for the Prodigy service ... before the Internet was open to everyone. I got paid 2 free accounts for assisting other members using Prodigy LOL
Sadly, I'm definitely old enough to remember Prodigy. I was a pretty cutting-edge geek back then, since I not only had a Prodigy account, but an account at GEnie, and one at CompuServe. I can still remember my CIS IS and password. :shocked:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts