Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
How often does EV mode go on? I’ve had my car for almost 2 years before the start/ stop battery died and EV mode NEVER worked Before the replacement. We didn’t even know what that was until the day after we replaced the battery we were sitting a light and the EV mode light came on. But mine only comes on while stopped. Does anyone else works while they’re driving? Also how mpg do you get? I barley get 31

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 started having problems New Year's Day. It seemed like the regular battery at the time so I had it replaced at Advance. The next week the check Hybrid warning came on. I had it checked and the dealership told me it was the start-stop battery. I continued to drive it while waiting for the part and on Friday everything shut down while I was on the Interstate. The start-stop drained the new battery and I had a whole car failure. Not fun. If it wasn't currently sitting dead at the dealership, I would definitely take it back to Advance for the Start-stop battery. They told me they had it in stock when I replaced the first one.And they put it in for free.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thank you so much for this POST! I had this issue with my 2014 Crosstrek Hybrid Touring this week and was desperate to find a solution that was less expensive than the $800 quoted battery price from the dealership. I am so grateful for the links to the battery. My mechanic replaced this after market version and fingers crossed the issue is solved.
Throwing out the welcome mat for your first post...Hearty welcome from the Burg!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Is that possible to replace Subaru XV hybrid battery with a Prius hybrid battery?
You too....Welcome from the Battlefield of Gettysburg!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I am experiencing the same problem. Went to batteries plus and they were reading a surface charge on the start/stop battery (Because of the multiple batteries) and didn’t want to disconnect anything because of the hybrid system. They said they had the right size battery but the posts were narrow on my current battery and the hardware wouldn’t fit their batteries. Did you have the same problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi! I am experiencing the same problem. Went to batteries plus and they were reading a surface charge on the start/stop battery (Because of the multiple batteries) and didn’t want to disconnect anything because of the hybrid system. They said they had the right size battery but the posts were narrow on my current battery and the hardware wouldn’t fit their batteries. Did you have the same problem?

I own a 2014 Crosstrek Hybrid and just replaced the start/stop battery which is located on the passenger side for $255 including tax and installation at Batteriesplus.com. Maybe there is a location close to you. Customer service was great

The Subaru dealership wanted $950 for the start/stop battery and installation

The regular/conventional battery is located on the driver side.

Here is the link Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM Battery for 2014 Toyota Prius L4 1.8L 325CCA Hybrid Car and Truck - SLI51PAGM at Batteries Plus Bulbs.

This is actually a 2014 Toyota Prius battery.

Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
How often does EV mode go on? I’ve had my car for almost 2 years before the start/ stop battery died and EV mode NEVER worked Before the replacement. We didn’t even know what that was until the day after we replaced the battery we were sitting a light and the EV mode light came on. But mine only comes on while stopped. Does anyone else works while they’re driving? Also how mpg do you get? I barley get 31

I just replaced the start/stop battery which is located on the passenger side for $255 including tax and installation at Batteriesplus.com. Maybe there is store close to you. Customer service was great

Here is the link Duracell Ultra Platinum AGM Battery for 2014 Toyota Prius L4 1.8L 325CCA Hybrid Car and Truck - SLI51PAGM at Batteries Plus Bulbs.

This is actually a Toyota Prius battery.

Good Luck

·
Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
16,210 Posts
How do you know which battery to replace? My 2016 Hybrid Touring won't start, but will if I jump-start it. Do I need to replace the auxilliary (driver side) or restart (passenger side) battery?
Have the batteries tested - most auto parts stores will do that for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmmm. Good to know. So just because the driver side was dead doesn't mean it was the culprit - a bad restart battery (passenger side) will drain the auxiliary (driver side). Also means I might have just replaced a good battery...

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do you know which battery to replace? My 2016 Hybrid Touring won't start, but will if I jump-start it. Do I need to replace the auxilliary (driver side) or restart (passenger side) battery?
If you have a Batteries Plus or a local autoparts store, I am sure you can both batteries tested for free. My battery (start stop ) was six years old and was due to be replaced.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just replaced the start/stop battery which is located on the passenger side for $255 including tax and installation at Batteriesplus.com. Maybe there is store close to you. Customer service was great

This is actually a Toyota Prius battery.

Good Luck
My EV light only comes on when I am at a stop. My mpg not the greatest. No change on mpg even when I got the new start/stop battery.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 2015 just triggered the hybrid warning light and I need a new battery. I'm looking at the two options discussed in this thread, but neither seems to be as good as the original.

The original battery spec was 450 CCA, 41 Ah. But Subaru now recommends part #SOA821B500 which has 500 CCA. I suppose they decided 450 wasn't enough.

What are the implications of using a battery of lesser capacity or current?

Duracell: 325 CCA, 46 Ah
Optima: 450 CCA, 38 Ah

21 - 40 of 74 Posts