Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
13,711 Posts
I have this problem with my XV cross track 2020. It happened already 3 times. After the 2nd time I understood the problem. My left shoe sometimes pulls the engine hood lever when I exit the car. I went to the dealer and showed the problem. They understood but said this is just how it is. Now that I know I am more carful when I exit the car and always look at the hood to see it is not unlocked.
still it is a safety hazard that should be fixed. My children drive the car also and I am worried because of them.
Even then, the secondary latch should prevent the hood from opening all the way. That's what's confused me about this thread - two latches have to fail at the same time, while the car is being driven at speed, for the hood to fly up...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same happened to me, so it is possible that when second, deeper latch remained opened(grease dried and kept it open) top one slid open because of wind vibrations while driving. Not a zero chance. I now keep the locking hook for that (second)latch in good shape. Talking about 2013 Crosstrek. Since I have (almost) never opened it, I blame dealer service. They should've checked the latch.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts