Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek limited cvt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on engine bay dress up parts? Fender shrouds, radiator shroud, etc. and do any others fit the newer crosstrek that aren’t made for them? Like Impreza or wrx stuff? I’m not a fan of the colors offered by grimmspeed for the trails line.

· Registered
55 Posts
Any thoughts on engine bay dress up parts? Fender shrouds, radiator shroud, etc. and do any others fit the newer crosstrek that aren’t made for them? Like Impreza or wrx stuff? I’m not a fan of the colors offered by grimmspeed for the trails line.
I personally don't dress up my engines because, "Weight reduction bro!" but, if you just don't like the color why not paint them?

Our platform isn't in high demand for such after market items. Most of what I know about a lot of the car scene is they just want your money so they come up with ways to bait and hook you.

By all means though, buy what makes you happy I suppose. I hear catch cans dress up a engine nicely, if you can afford the added weight, I for one cannot.

· Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts
2nd gen crosstreks are pretty limited on what can be done with their engine bays. I have a Engine Bay Caps from Precision CNC Performance (but they're no longer around). I'm sure most engine caps for FA/FB engine should fit. I believe Grimspeed, Billetworkz, and Mele Design have engine bay set caps for crosstreks tho
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2nd gen crosstreks are pretty limited on what can be done with their engine bays. I have a Engine Bay Caps from Precision CNC Performance (but they're no longer around). I'm sure most engine caps for FA/FB engine should fit. I believe Grimspeed, Billetworkz, and Mele Design have engine bay set caps for crosstreks tho View attachment 313891
I’ve got caps incoming from billetworkz. I might wind up ordering the grimmspeed trails stuff and re powder coating it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is exactly where I was hoping this thread would go. I also just noticed Perrin makes an oil filter cover for wrx/Sti/brz. Any reason this wouldn’t fit other models? I didn’t check the oil filter sizes.
I guess the oil filter cover only fits the black filter that the brz/wrx use. How different is it from the blue Subaru filter?

· Registered
34 Posts
2nd gen crosstreks are pretty limited on what can be done with their engine bays. I have a Engine Bay Caps from Precision CNC Performance (but they're no longer around). I'm sure most engine caps for FA/FB engine should fit. I believe Grimspeed, Billetworkz, and Mele Design have engine bay set caps for crosstreks tho View attachment 313891
Looks good... Question why have the AOS and a catch can?

· Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts
Looks good... Question why have the AOS and a catch can?
I only have an AOS, and I've found it's nice to have as I drive the car a bit harder than normal. And AOS's have been useful to help my other Subarus (though they are older with more mile but helped with oil burning from wear and tear).

· Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited
47 Posts
I guess the oil filter cover only fits the black filter that the brz/wrx use. How different is it from the blue Subaru filter?
The oil filter cover, assuming you mean the fabric-like covers, won't fit. Based on Fram's Measurements of the filters, the brz/wrx filters are 3.080" height and 3.020" diameter, while the crosstrek filters are 3.469" height and 2.688" diameter. I've looked into this too sadly found they don't fit =(

· Registered
Crosstrek Outdoor, JDM Legacy 2.0 GT spec.B
543 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The oil filter cover, assuming you mean the fabric-like covers, won't fit. Based on Fram's Measurements of the filters, the brz/wrx filters are 3.080" height and 3.020" diameter, while the crosstrek filters are 3.469" height and 2.688" diameter. I've looked into this too sadly found they don't fit =(
Perrin has an aluminum one. But with those measurements I’m pretty sure it won’t fit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts