Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2019 base model has two spots for i am guessing tweeter speakers on the top of the dash board. in the base model there are no speakers and apparently there is no wiring.
in the past ( and have posted here) have asked the dealer about installing speakers and was basically told it was more trouble than it was worth.

i like listening to music and i know the speakers i have aren't the greatest but would really like to
add the two speakers where there are spots for them.

would having someone wire them and putting in tweeters cause a problem with the head unit?
and why was the service tech at the dealer so opposed to having them do it.

would an aftermarket car audio shop be able to do this without screwing up the whole radio etc.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
42 Posts
Use 3.5 inch full range speakers for the dash. In my experience, this greatly improves clarity and balance. The head unit, I assume, has four power amps, one for each door. 2021 models parallel the front door and dash. I don't know if your head unit can handle the (low) impedance of this configuration.

You might get better results using the four amps for front doors and dash.

For any of this, you will have to run wires from the dash speakers to the head unit. I used Best Buy to do this - they did a good job.

For better results, power each speaker individually using a separate 6 channel power amp, under the passenger seat. Much more wiring needed for this.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use 3.5 inch full range speakers for the dash. In my experience, this greatly improves clarity and balance. The head unit, I assume, has four power amps, one for each door. 2021 models parallel the front door and dash. I don't know if your head unit can handle the (low) impedance of this configuration.

You might get better results using the four amps for front doors and dash.

For any of this, you will have to run wires from the dash speakers to the head unit. I used Best Buy to do this - they did a good job.

For better results, power each speaker individually using a separate 6 channel power amp, under the passenger seat. Much more wiring needed for this.
my concern is why the dealer was not interested in doing this. is it because they don't have the techs to do the wiring ? any idea how i find out who would know more about the head unit in my 2019 base model?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts