Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My answer to this is going to be yes they will help but depending on the amount of weight you still may have a little sag. I had to haul samples for work last week and had somewhere between 600 and 700 pounds in the hatch with the back seats folded down. It wasn't on the bump stops and it actually had a decent amount of travel left when my coworker was stand on my hitch bouncing up and down cause he couldn't believe it didn't bottom out but yes I was a little bit saggy then.
I like how your ride turned out!

Did you only install the springs? Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to get shock extensions or change out the shock completely with the springs. I noticed on their site that they have alignment options as well.

Also are you planning on changing out the tires? It seems like it could take 235/75/15 well, as the guys who run spacer lifts do.

I'm looking into doing a spring lift like yours. Just wanted to get your opinion on it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like how your ride turned out!

Did you only install the springs? Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to get shock extensions or change out the shock completely with the springs. I noticed on their site that they have alignment options as well.

Also are you planning on changing out the tires? It seems like it could take 235/75/15 well, as the guys who run spacer lifts do.

I'm looking into doing a spring lift like yours. Just wanted to get your opinion on it.
I only did the springs when I talked with eibach they said it wasnt needed to do the parts for alignment but if for some reason it wouldn't go into spec then they sell them also. My alignment specs are decent and I'm not noticing any uneven wear. I do plan on switching tires but I'm not running 235s I'm sure they would work but I don't wanna lose that much mpg and power so I'm going the 215 route I actually have the tires just waiting on wheels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Question for you. Did the rear wheels move forward in the wheel wells? I have read that they move slightly forward when you lift with just springs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife's 2016 is sitting on 215s and I'm thinking about this lift for her. I put these springs on a Jeep Renegade and it's a very easy install. My 2019 came with the LP 1.5" lift. Wondering if you can run springs and spacers together for 2.7" of lift?

·
Registered
312 Posts
My wife's 2016 is sitting on 215s and I'm thinking about this lift for her. I put these springs on a Jeep Renegade and it's a very easy install. My 2019 came with the LP 1.5" lift. Wondering if you can run springs and spacers together for 2.7" of lift?
You're gonna want to be careful cause that would be getting into CV territory in a second gen. While we are blessed with much larger wheel wells than the first gen, the second gen supposedly does not handle much more than 1.5-2" lift well. I got this information in my discussions with Primitive about the lift that they offer and why they only offer 1".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. It's just so soft with the spacer lift. I've bottomed out a few times just going over RR tracks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. It's just so soft with the spacer lift. I've bottomed out a few times just going over RR tracks.
Im not lifted but I feel your pain about about the stock spring weight. Sometimes feels like the car is on sponges. Now it could work perfectly but I can only go by what I’ve here from what I consider professionals. Maybe check out rallitek they have several spring options. They may have a oe height stiffer spring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had a local shop install the eibach springs and it rides amazing. I had rrw wheels installed with 215 general tires and the lift looks great. The shop was able to put the car back into alignment so I’m really happy with the springs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just had a local shop install the eibach springs and it rides amazing. I had rrw wheels installed with 215 general tires and the lift looks great. The shop was able to put the car back into alignment so I’m really happy with the springs.
Let's see some pictures! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ahhh I should have bought a set when they were on sale couple weeks ago for my wife's '16. It already has Methods and 215 ko2s.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts