Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2021 Limited. I'm used to clipping my 1980's technology Chamberlain three button remote onto my visor. But our visor is too thick! So where do you clip yours? I could obviously velcro and stick somewhere, but in the past, I've had issues with stick-on stuff coming undone on hot summer days, etc. Not looking for a fancy solution. Just. an easy and practical one ;) Thanks.
I didn't want my opener exposed or rattling around, so I ordered a coin compartment from Amazon that replaces the fuse cover in the lower dash left of the steering wheel. It fit my opener perfectly and is out of sight.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,824 Posts
Ive got the HL mirror in the Crosstrek.
In the STi, I used velcro and placed it in the fuse tray on the lower part of the drivers side dash.
The HomeLink mirror is a great upgrade, if you don't already have it...

Reactions: sas-XV

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
245 Posts
I didn't want my opener exposed or rattling around, so I ordered a coin compartment from Amazon that replaces the fuse cover in the lower dash left of the steering wheel. It fit my opener perfectly and is out of sight.
You, sir, are a genius. I have that same coin compartment and it didn't even occur to me to put my garage door opener in it. Well, it's in there now. I placed my glasses cleaning cloth underneath it to avoid any rattling from plastic laying on plastic. Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base Crystal White Pearl
9 Posts
I placed mine between the map lights fastened with Velcro. It blends in pretty well with the interior IMO

·
Registered
246 Posts
I picked up the Homelink mirror. Good price, easy to do. Easy to pair with a Chamberlain door. Gets rid of the remote.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
245 Posts
I picked up the Homelink mirror. Good price, easy to do. Easy to pair with a Chamberlain door. Gets rid of the remote.
Do you have to remove the old one and reglue the new one in place or does the new mirror attach to the existing mount?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
10,824 Posts
Do you have to remove the old one and reglue the new one in place or does the new mirror attach to the existing mount?
Same mount. IIRC, the mirror is an option added at the port of entry and they bolt on whichever one the dealer or customer ordered.

Reactions: saint

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's a lot to pay for the home link upgrade if you already have a compass mirror - which is what mine came with.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 2021 Limited. I'm used to clipping my 1980's technology Chamberlain three button remote onto my visor. But our visor is too thick! So where do you clip yours? I could obviously velcro and stick somewhere, but in the past, I've had issues with stick-on stuff coming undone on hot summer days, etc. Not looking for a fancy solution. Just. an easy and practical one ;) Thanks.
You can clip it to the sun visor . Look at it and you will see a pull out extension on the right driver side of the visor. Your remote clips on nicely to that.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You can clip it to the sun visor . Look at it and you will see a pull out extension on the right driver side of the visor. Your remote clips on nicely to that.
no that's too thin for the clip. the full visor is too thick.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did your limited come with Homelink? If so, you can ditch the remote and use Homelink instead.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Did your limited come with Homelink? If so, you can ditch the remote and use Homelink instead.
No my Limited came with the compass dimming mirror that did not include homelink unfortunately. All good though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Since you already have a dimming mirror, the necessary wiring for the homelink mirror might already be installed... if you were considering getting the mirror.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts