Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a faulty transmission valve body trigger a “ DYnamic Traction Control needs checking” warning?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I believe that’s one of the symptoms several other issues can make that happen too though, need to get the codes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer phoned back this morning. I was out. Part i s on The way. It will take a few days so we are getting a loaner. Subaru is paying! Don't know what the issue is, but must be some transmission issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any news on what the trouble is? I have a 2015 Forester and had the BLS replaced with spring recall as well. Just last week driving home , all 4 lights came on but no check engine light. No codes to check. I replaced one rear wheel bearing hub 3 months ago and now I hear the other side making noise.
I think this car has too many issues for only 5 years old. I have 2 other cars (Honda). One is 2000 CR-V and other 2007 Odyssey. Both have been having fewer issues if any.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
View attachment 301295 This is what it looked like without affecting my drive and no check engine light.
Same with my XV. Also the AT Oil light starts flashing red. The problem seems to be in the valve body in the transmission. Depending on where you are, US eg, Subaru extended warranty on some transmission to 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is a bad solenoid in the valve body or a bad connection (bad harness).
Happened twice with me on my 2012 Impreza.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My mechanic says that the selinoid is going bad and if the lights come on again, he will replace the valve body. He quoted me a price around $800-$900.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm over 100,000 miles. No deal for me.
129,000 miles
It is an issue, but I have met several owners who have not had issues with them. All fairly high milages. They are very popular around here and people are still buying them. They hold their value . I really love the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My mechanic says that the selinoid is going bad and if the lights come on again, he will replace the valve body. He quoted me a price around $800-$900.
The dealer is replacing the gerabox, at no cost. I guess Subaru are covering it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So you are saying that they are doing the valve body and the gear box for free under their extended warranty of 100,000 miles?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So you are saying that they are doing the valve body and the gear box for free under their extended warranty of 100,000 miles?
[/QUOTE

The extended warranty does not apply in Australia. No idea of why they are doing it. Reputation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm happy for you. Not all dealerships treat people like that. My experience with dealerships or car manufactures have always been negative here in the US. Even with all that covid-19 has affected companies, I'm surprised they're standing behind their product.(y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm happy for you. Not all dealerships treat people like that. My experience with dealerships or car manufactures have always been negative here in the US. Even with all that covid-19 has affected companies, I'm surprised they're standing behind their product.(y)
This dealer is in a small country town and has been here for decades. He, and Subaru, dont want any stains on their reputation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts