Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers window in my ‘13 Crosstrek isn’t working as it should. If the window is all the way up and I press down it goes down smoothly but has no auto down. If I have to bring it back up I have to push up the switch repeatedly until it is up and has no auto either. I replaced the switch and it is still doing the same thing. I even tried the auto window reset and that didn’t work. And before anyone asks I’ve looked on the forum and found another thread but didn’t see any fixes. Any suggestions on what the problem is? Maybe the door harness?

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts
If you disconnect the power to the window, it has to be reprogrammed. Check your owners manual.

Reactions: Blueredgreen

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you disconnect the power to the window, it has to be reprogrammed. Check your owners manual.

I tried that and it doesn’t work. The window only goes up about an inch when I pull up on the window switch and I have to release it and pull up again and continue doing that until the window is all the way up

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts
Page 2-20

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That doesn’t work. I’ve already tried that 3 times. The window only moves an inch when I pull up on the switch and then I release it. I have to repeatedly pull up on the switch for the window to go all the way up

· Registered
6 Posts
Not really a solution but I had the same problem after getting a new battery. I tried several different variations of the auto window reset but its hard to really do since the window only goes up in 1 inch increments. my problem resolved by it self a few days after I tried the resets. I think isolating the why of the problem happened in first place would helpful. If your car died or got a new battery maybe giving it a few extra days or resetting the computer would be useful. but if you were installing speakers you may have knocked something lose in the door panel. I remembered reading about someone having the same issue due to a bent pin in one of the connectors in the door.

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts
Check fuses and relays.

Reactions: raygan

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts
Pull the relay straight up. Swap it with the A/C or wiper relay. Easy!

Reactions: raygan

· Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,790 Posts
You'll need a multi-meter to diagnose;

· Registered
1 Posts
My drivers window in my ‘13 Crosstrek isn’t working as it should. If the window is all the way up and I press down it goes down smoothly but has no auto down. If I have to bring it back up I have to push up the switch repeatedly until it is up and has no auto either. I replaced the switch and it is still doing the same thing. I even tried the auto window reset and that didn’t work. And before anyone asks I’ve looked on the forum and found another thread but didn’t see any fixes. Any suggestions on what the problem is? Maybe the door harness?
Finally, any solution I have the same problem. Ok

1 - 17 of 17 Posts