Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a big tear in the drivers side seat back. Looking for either a complete seat or maybe the cover for the back rest? Tear is about where the left elbow would be if you tucked your elbow into your side. These are the black leather with the orange thread from a 2017 Crosstrek limited

Also interested in suggestions on aftermarket covers but I want them to look and fit like OEM, not baggy and sloppy fitting.
Near Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Premium 6 speed
17 Posts
I would search wrecking yards like Pull-a-part and such for a seat.
Regarding aftermarket, we bought a Crosstrek Premium in 2019. We wanted the 6-speed but also wanted Leather seating. NO such animal from Subaru, so we added Katzkin leather seats all around. They fit perfectly, no orange piping, but easy to forgive considering the comfort they bring to our seating. We also have a 2020 and 2021 Limited with factory leather. The Katzkin show little to no wear and appear to be the better seating choice for us.

If I remember correctly, it was around 1500 for purchase and installation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Already tried wrecking yards and have sent emails in asking to be notified if they get any in.

Heard Katskinz were great and will check them out. Likely trading in for a new vehicle soon so don't want to spend too much. My wife takes her 91 yo mother around in it and we were planning to get an SUV next but her monther can't get in an SUV so that's the only reason we still have the Crosstrek. Been a great vehicle and love it, just due for a new one

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,472 Posts
Have you asked an auto upholstery shop about a repair? That would probably be the cheapest route. Your seat needs fixed anyway. Katskinz are going to be pricey. Definitely would not add them if you are going to get rid of the car. I had put the Wet Okole covers on my '14 but for a tear, I'd just try and get the OEM cover fixed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
possibly. it's about a 2" x 2" piece that has pretty much disappeared so not really even a tear anymore. Just a big square piece missing so I'd think a 'repair' would be pretty noticeable?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts