Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

Driver's seat bolster side tear/split (small)

Model Years 2018 to 2023 
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cherrytrek 
#1 ·
Hi All, was curious if you had a recommendation on how to address this split? It appears it's where the side of the bolster presses against the plastic trim (which I think caused it)

Searched a few threads and didn't see something like this and wondered if a patch would work or just some soft sided velcro? It appears the rear seat bolsters have a felt or fabric in place already for this very thing. I even considered one of those patches to patch up a ripstop jacket or tent (in black). The adhesion is always good and flexible enough to fold when I sit in the seat. Curious about any other ideas.

Thanks all.

CB

Shoe Automotive tire Sleeve Asphalt Gesture

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, Looked it up. Appears they glued the patch back to the cushion but not sure that method would hold well as the seat compresses in that area. May try some tenacious tape patches for patching tents. They come in a matte black and would bet it would blend in well rather than replacing the whole lower cover. Stinks it split already... cheap material.

#4 ·
You can patch the area with Masta Plasta. They sell it on Amazon and I've used it with good results before. It will stop the tear from growing and it's made of a thicker material that should wear better than the original pleather. Also adding something soft to the plastic edge would help prevent future tears (like the soft side Velcro you mentioned)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.