Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not a Canadian
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Crosstrek: Has anyone had success in replacing the subject switch? The button for the front passenger window is starting to hang up. The dealer wants about $218 for the assembly! For that price and depending on the complexity of the task, I just might keep the window up....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Removing the switch is easy. I would take it off and replace it myself. It's probably broken.
Subaru has upgraded the switch on the 2018-20MY MC-10186436-0001.pdf (nhtsa.gov)
Harvest one from a wreck 2021 Subaru (any one listed in the TSB) or order the part online.
The only difference I'm aware is some have auto-down/up for only the driver, and others have driver/passenger auto down/up. Get the driver/passenger one for an "upgrade" if you don't have that feature.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
2020 Crosstrek Limited
1,231 Posts
As ZG shows above, there is a TSB if you are still in warranty- or an extended warranty, it should be a 'free' repair.
You 'might' even be able to 'sweet talk' them into covering it for you if you are out of warranty- but close.

·
Not a Canadian
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great responses! Thanks. But after watching YouTube videos on how to remove and replace the switch and considering the cost of a new one, I've decided that when the switch gasps its last breath, I'll just start employing my long right arm and reach over to the passenger door switch in order to operate the window. Much cheaper. Problem solved! 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts