Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever download ANY manuals from this website?

https://www.factory-manuals.com/

There seems to be a lot of translation errors on their web pages, so I was wondering if they are reputable.

They finally have the manual for the 2019 Crosstrek listed. It's the first and only place I can find repair manuals for the 2019 Crosstrek.

If anyone knows of any other repair manuals available for the 2019 Crosstrek, please post to this thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I did see that the official techinfo.subaru.com website was recently updated with the service manual for 2019, but it's subscription based. I asked at the dealer about a printed version and was told they don't produce those anymore?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I know it’s for the 13-17 model but I’ve used this service manual for my 18’ and haven’t gone wrong yet.

Subaru Crosstrek owners & service manuals, user guides

There weren’t many changes between the 17-18 models and even less between the 18-19 models so this should get you through 95%+ of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone ever download ANY manuals from this website?

https://www.factory-manuals.com/

There seems to be a lot of translation errors on their web pages, so I was wondering if they are reputable.

They finally have the manual for the 2019 Crosstrek listed. It's the first and only place I can find repair manuals for the 2019 Crosstrek.

If anyone knows of any other repair manuals available for the 2019 Crosstrek, please post to this thread. Thanks.
Yes, I used factory-manuals in Nov 2019.

Short version: definitely use Subaru's STIS site. Factory-Manuals delivers an inferior version of the manual for a lot more money.

I had read numerous conflicting and slightly vague comments here and on the Outback.org forum and couldn't figure out if the Subaru site would deliver the full FSM in one, single download, or if it had to be done separately by subsection. Tedious, and would take forever - more than the 3 day subscription.

It sounded like factory-manuals was the answer; that they would do all the downloading and compiling for their $90 price.

What I got for my $90, was indeed a Subaru FSM, but without the bookmark links in the left panel of the pdf - the index for the entire manual! AND, at more than twice the price of Subaru. (All the clickable links within each page are there, just like the manual directly from Subaru, but the all-important index is missing. Without it, you can't find any of the sections, subsections, or the deeper subsections that can go 5 or more layers deep. With the factory-manuals version, all those pages are hidden in the thousands of pages of the manual.)

The FSM downloaded from Subaru's STIS site is a single, easy download, complete with the index - for $35 vs $90.

I HIGHLY recommend reading post #71 here
(https://www.subaruxvforum.com/threads/downloadable-shop-manuals-from-factory-manuals-com.171506/#post-1994470)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts