Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2019 the door handle coating where I touch to unlock is worn off. Has anyone else had this problem. It’s like the chrome look alike coating is very thin and the base is showing through

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,178 Posts
Nope, our '18 is fine. Maybe a kind of glove you're using?

·
Registered
66 Posts
No but the paint on my 2018 is garbage. Look at it the wrong way and chips off. Door handle is fine but the inside of the handle, on the door itself is almost completely worn off, even on the rear doors that are used far less. This is also on a car with just over 17,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
No but the paint on my 2018 is garbage. Look at it the wrong way and chips off. Door handle is fine but the inside of the handle, on the door itself is almost completely worn off, even on the rear doors that are used far less. This is also on a car with just over 17,000 miles

I thought you meant the paint on the handle. The paint on the door behind the handle can get scratched by fingernails over time. Ours has been surprisingly good, given the complaints here. Maybe the paint color is a factor?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought you meant the paint on the handle. The paint on the door behind the handle can get scratched by fingernails over time. Ours has been surprisingly good, given the complaints here. Maybe the paint color is a factor?
For reference my car is white.
I assumed door handle also. My door handle has held up well. The rest of the car is a different story.

The paint on these cars is one of my few complaints, that and I don’t find the seats to be that great. No lumbar support and poor thigh support

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts