Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
821 - 839 of 839 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #821 ·
@AstroKats - Good to see the little guy again. Still seeing his girlfriend?

Sterling has grown quite a bit too. He's gone from this...

to this (and no, he' wasn't cleaning, he hangs out like that)....

and Thomas remains unimpressed with his antics...

·
Prefers black cats
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
12,931 Posts
Wow, those are great pics. I want to pet that furry tummy. I will pay for the ER and copays... 😸

Kody's a very big boy now, more than twice the size of the other female cats here, probably four times by volume. He's not overweight, just a really big, muscular male cat. In the pic, that's not another cat to the left, that's part of Kody's tail.

We're losing two cats this weekend... 😿

OAK's sister wants our current fosters. She lost her cat a few months ago to cancer. We love them but we can't imagine a better place for them:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #823 ·
There won't be any visit to the ER, he loves belly rubs (and jammie pant rides).

Sad that you're loosing the foster kitties, but very happy that they're going to a good home.
I sometimes wonder how Sterling's two brothers made out and I hope they're happy, healthy and safe.

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
There won't be any visit to the ER, he loves belly rubs (and jammie pant rides).

Sad that you're loosing the foster kitties, but very happy that they're going to a good home.
I sometimes wonder how Sterling's two brothers made out and I hope they're happy, healthy and safe.
We've been involved in rescue for a while and have fostered many cats. We hardly ever hear from the adopters, after the first few weeks.

These two are really special so we're glad they're staying in the family and we'll be able to visit them regularly.

Someone's glad they're going:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #825 ·
I finally decided to fully and properly tune my stereo. I've got an oscilloscope in the car and can't wait to maximize efficiency.

I also got these and Mr. Turtle is very pleased:
Motor vehicle Light Blue Car Automotive lighting

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Was that last year's poppy? We used to start wearing them in November...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·
Was that last year's poppy? We used to start wearing them in November...
Actually, I’ve had that poppy since either Nov 2008 (London) Nov 2010 (Bath) or Oct 2014 (Newport News, VA). We don’t have the paper ones here, but I have several, and prefer the UK ones. Probably just because it’s different. Well, it also looks awesome on my Pendleton Westerley sweater and Faustmann crushable wool hat; fancy bugger, ain’t I? 😂

Ours look like this. Ours go on the last Friday or October.
Flower Plant Petal Flowering plant Fashion accessory

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Actually, I’ve had that poppy since either Nov 2008 (London) Nov 2010 (Bath) or Oct 2014 (Newport News, VA). We don’t have the paper ones here, but I have several, and prefer the UK ones. Probably just because it’s different. Well, it also looks awesome on my Pendleton Westerley sweater and Faustmann crushable wool hat; fancy bugger, ain’t I? 😂

Ours look like this. Ours go on the last Friday or October.
That's pretty fancy! I thought it was bad practice to save them for the next year, as they make money by selling them each year, to benefit veterans.

I was in the cadet force and did this every year on Remembrance Sunday:

Flag Military camouflage Window Military uniform Military person

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 ·
I set my gains properly and then made a couple of minor adjustments to the HPF and LPF. It sounds so much better and…. holy crap… get ready for this…. My EQ is almost flatlined.

I only had to drop the high down by 1 and I brought up the two lowest 40 and 60 Hz (I think) by two and, I only did that to give a little more window for bottom end volume variance with the amp knob. A couple mid frequencies got raised by 1 to bring out the mid-low vocals and pull out the mid bass guitar range.

Using 40Hz, 1kHz and 4kHz test tones, the Pioneer 7600NEX produced no clipping on the low levels outputs, at full volume (40). I used a flat EQ, but kept other sound processing tools how I liked them and kept full headunit volume throughout. Rated at 4 volts, my NEX gave me almost 5 at full volume.

The 4 amp channels clipped at about 70% gain. So, I rolled them to about 60.
The sub channel clipped at about 50%. I rolled it to 40%, knowing that to an amp, music is so much more that a test tone.

Once everything was reconnected, my max volume was 25 because I was afraid of getting a noise complaint… from the next town over. Also, my rear does speakers tried to just out. I had to dial the rears down to 40%, at volume 25. Then I played with the amp HPF filters and mucked with the hu EQ, Time for the sub.

Flipping the sub back on, I was unimpressed. Good thing there was wiggle room, that’s what brought the EQ low end boost. I also added a 3db amp bass boost and increased the sub gain to 50%. Tested just on the safe side when at volume 25 and at 20, I got a good bass knob window that lives at 50%.

I got rid of the dash speaker distortion and, it’s much louder and cleaner.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
That's pretty fancy! I thought it was bad practice to save them for the next year, as they make money by selling them each year, to benefit veterans.

I was in the cadet force and did this every year on Remembrance Sunday:

I joined Air Cadets, but it wasn’t for me. Who would’ve thought that on a Remembrance Day many years later, I’d be marching past the Prince, and on another, running the dignitary gate detail.

It is bad practice, but we don’t get the paper ones here. I also get a bunch of the Canadian ones and I’m a Legion member, so I don’t feel bad about it.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
Finally replacing my strobe switch with something that fits in the OEM mount; blue LED, of course.
I also ordered a 12VDC outlet to install in the cargo area. It drops into the existing cargo area light cavity.

I don't think I'll run the socket to the fuse box. I planning to use the trailer hot because it's nearby, switched, fused and has sufficient gauge. If that doesn't work, it's simple to run a new line and all I need is a new tap. I'm also not sure what to use the (blue lighted) switch for. It won't control the socket, because that's just dumb. I had no intention of installing other cargo area lighting, but Google is showing me three indents set in the headboard at the gate and I'm suddenly intrigued by installing something like 3X 1-2" diameter LEDs in those indents, or some sort of strip light, elsewhere, just because I can. I may retain the OEM light and cut out a new hole on the other side. Regardless of location, I'll prewire the switch, feeding the tails into the spare tyre cavity, for future use. Right now, I'm willing to bet that the switch will power something stupid.... like a wacky waving inflatable flailing arm tube man that pops out from under the bumper. Awww, man, Weekapaug is an eight hour drive.

They were kinda pricey after US exchange, but close enough to locally sourced parts that just ain't right for the job.
I have no idea wen they'll arrive, but I'm looking forward to it and hope thy come before my traditional Thanksgiving week off, in October; you know, when harvest festivals occur. Silly Americans <poke>, lol.

Automotive wheel system Machine Auto part Font Automotive exterior
Font Audio equipment Circle Gadget Musical instrument accessory

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
Yeah, but the first Thanksgiving in Plymouth was in November, after their harvest.

Funny, I worked in an office here and was explaining to the receptionist where I was from originally, and said I had lived near Plymouth, where the Mayflower sailed from. She said, oh, do they call it Plymouth there, too?

Reactions: Cutlass

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,725 Posts
Finally replacing my strobe switch with something that fits in the OEM mount; blue LED, of course.
I also ordered a 12VDC outlet to install in the cargo area. It drops into the existing cargo area light cavity.

I don't think I'll run the socket to the fuse box. I planning to use the trailer hot because it's nearby, switched, fused and has sufficient gauge. If that doesn't work, it's simple to run a new line and all I need is a new tap. I'm also not sure what to use the (blue lighted) switch for. It won't control the socket, because that's just dumb. I had no intention of installing other cargo area lighting, but Google is showing me three indents set in the headboard at the gate and I'm suddenly intrigued by installing something like 3X 1-2" diameter LEDs in those indents, or some sort of strip light, elsewhere, just because I can. I may retain the OEM light and cut out a new hole on the other side. Regardless of location, I'll prewire the switch, feeding the tails into the spare tyre cavity, for future use. Right now, I'm willing to bet that the switch will power something stupid.... like a wacky waving inflatable flailing arm tube man that pops out from under the bumper. Awww, man, Weekapaug is an eight hour drive.

They were kinda pricey after US exchange, but close enough to locally sourced parts that just ain't right for the job.
I have no idea wen they'll arrive, but I'm looking forward to it and hope thy come before my traditional Thanksgiving week off, in October; you know, when harvest festivals occur. Silly Americans <poke>, lol.

View attachment 307609 View attachment 307610

Car Vehicle Trunk Automotive design Motor vehicle

LED light strip on the side trunk light switch.

What's the link for a rear power outlet that fits in the light place?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #834 ·
Yeah, but the first Thanksgiving in Plymouth was in November, after their harvest.

Funny, I worked in an office here and was explaining to the receptionist where I was from originally, and said I had lived near Plymouth, where the Mayflower sailed from. She said, oh, do they call it Plymouth there, too?
The best I can find is "sometime between mid-September and early November in 1621 ".

Making a pretty safe assumption, weather patterns were much different back then, and with some exceptions, colder and longer. Also, it was during a mini ice age so that has to have some weight.
A harvest festival is usually done, you know, shortly after the harvest, early-Sep to mid-Oct. There's a reason Oktoberfest is in September and why it's not likely to have been much later. I'll concede that, maybe, at most, it happened the first few days of November, just because no one actually knows. Regardless, I still like poking fun.

Lol, England has a Plymouth???? Did she know there's also a car??? Lol.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #835 ·

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
606 Posts
The best I can find is "sometime between mid-September and early November in 1621 ".

Making a pretty safe assumption, weather patterns were much different back then, and with some exceptions, colder and longer. Also, it was during a mini ice age so that has to have some weight.
A harvest festival is usually done, you know, shortly after the harvest, early-Sep to mid-Oct. There's a reason Oktoberfest is in September and why it's not likely to have been much later. I'll concede that, maybe, at most, it happened the first few days of November, just because no one actually knows. Regardless, I still like poking fun.

I think Oktoberfest had to do with a wedding for a royal prince of Bavaria and the celebration was to be 15 days. I think later they combined the annual celebration with an agricultural fair, which then added booths of food and drink, then morphed into what we see today.

·
Prefers black cats
12,931 Posts
It was a while ago but I'd guess that she thought the Plymouths in the UK and the US were named after the cars... :rolleyes:

I love Oktoberfest and we used to celebrate in Big Bear, a huge fest. Not sure what they are planning this year?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #838 ·
I think Oktoberfest had to do with a wedding for a royal prince of Bavaria and the celebration was to be 15 days. I think later they combined the annual celebration with an agricultural fair, which then added booths of food and drink, then morphed into what we see today.
You're right, thanks :)

It was a while ago but I'd guess that she thought the Plymouths in the UK and the US were named after the cars... :rolleyes:
I love Oktoberfest and we used to celebrate in Big Bear, a huge fest. Not sure what they are planning this year?
Well, at least she didn't confuse it with Fraggle Rock (a show I was surprised to watch at 2am while staying at what's now the Clermont, Charing Cross), lol.
In 2018 we went to the Volksfest in Stuttgart. It was only for one day, but it was awesome. Four hours later, the wife and her best friend fed me 3.5 more litres of beer than the three I remember having. I remember getting on the train to go back to the hotel, but the second I sat down, <insert Homeresque beer infused memory>, then 7am breakfast for a bus ride back to Geilenkirchen.

Mammal Font Line Art Rectangle

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #839 ·
My replacement fuse door came in on Friday. I was glad to get that fixed. I also remembered someone, a long time ago, who mentioned they used a hair dryer to peel off the fuse sticker. I tore mine back in 2017 and bought a new one. This one peeled off quite easily with the heat gun and all is well.

I fiddled with my stereo again and am proud to say the EQ is flatlined.🍻

I've also been compelled to seek an alternative cargo area light for my switch, thanks @Cutlass, lol.

821 - 839 of 839 Posts