Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

721 - 730 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
What does AA mean in this context?
Sorry, sas nailed it; Android Auto.

Also finally remembered to check and yup. The Harman WiFi update is finally working for me. Apparently I had my last update done at the dealer shortly before they enabled it. I’ll do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #722
Just waiting for my order from Autoharnesshouse, they sent it right away but Canada Post seems to be using Covid as an excuse for poor service. It was cleared by Montreal customs 7 days ago. Meanwhile, my other two orders from Toronto and Grimsby arrived in a few days. Can’t say I’m surprised. My phone lived at customs in Mississauga for four weeks weeks before arriving. Two for processing and 2 to mail it from 5 hours away.

I’m trying to figure out how it gets stuck after customs but only have one solution: guy “A“ works a few days then they close for three days to ensure any lingering germs have died before guy “B“ starts. Dumb, I know, but it’s all I’ve got because the last time they hand carried parcels in a place like a major shipping center was before they invented the conveyor belts, scanner, bin, truck and forklift.

I still hope it’ll show up before the weekend but I doubt it. While waiting, I flashed the iDatalink Maestro SW for the 18 Impreza. I still have no idea if it’ll work but I think it will.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just waiting for my order from Autoharnesshouse, they sent it right away but Canada Post seems to be using Covid as an excuse for poor service. It was cleared by Montreal customs 7 days ago.
It's odd because the couriers were working overtime like it was Christmas time at the height of things here. With the reduction in passenger flights you think a couple of extra freight flights could be snuck in. The Covid Coma strikes again. 🐨

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
It's odd because the couriers were working overtime like it was Christmas time at the height of things here. With the reduction in passenger flights you think a couple of extra freight flights could be snuck in. The Covid Coma strikes again. 🐨
For us, its mostly freight trucks, not planes. The exception being those that enter on one side of the country for a reciepeint on the other side.

Talking the triangle between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, the first and last being primary international mail/parcel hubs, it's usually a 3 day delivery once something clears customs. Day 1 overnight to Ottawa, sorted and sent to my nearby town on day 2 and delivered on day 3.

Don't get me wrong about it, I understand the slowdown but that only goes so far. At least it's not like I'm waiting for a new heart or some critical hardware.

·
Registered
585 Posts
For us, its mostly freight trucks, not planes. The exception being those that enter on one side of the country for a reciepeint on the other side.
Yeah. I guess we're too dependent on overseas manufacturing down here. Sydney was the only customs/capital mail sorting centre operating at the height of COVID. I'm waiting on a book to come from Ireland but Australia seems to have suspended economy deliveries from a number of countries. When we were in Canada, we were amazed at the number of trains transporting freight across the country.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,082 Posts
I work for the US Postal Service. We're mostly doing OK. But there are exceptions. What I hear, the Detroit processing facility is fucked, and has been for months. And that's a huge one. So a lot of the Midwest is fucked with it. A few other of the regional facilities have had problems. But for the most part things are going through almost as fast as normal.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Train is the way to go here. We’re too wide and too tall to truck and fly so much weight over long distances.

I guess my main issue comes down to lack of information which has caused frustration for the situation. There’s a gap between tracking reports but only for those packages I’ve ordered from other countries.

I can follow everything nice and easy all they way until it gets though customs. There it dies until it suddenly shows up at the door. It‘s supposed to the scanned leaving customs, entering and exiting the Ottawa distro center and again when arriving at the local post office. So a week or two without updates and I’m like, where tf is my stuff, Norway?

However, it doesn’t matter anymore, the harness showed up at 9am. So yay, it’s going to be a new head unit kind of weekend!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
The Harman is dead. Long live the Pioneer.

It took longer than I wanted it to but I had to run out to the hardware store and my buddy came by for a bit. I also cleaned up the original installation and worked casually. Then I had to recalibrate the amp. Sounds great but the LC7i remote didn’t work in the Alpine amp. I don’t think I need it but I’ll still test it out so I can rewrite the existing jack.

Sadly, I broke the Pioneer USB adapter so I ran out and bought a proper cable but I’ll put it in tomorrow.

The Maestro SW has a delay, worse for when using Bluetooth audio, but it works for all steering wheel controls except the phone for some reason. It could be the secondary function that I programmed so I’ll flash it out tomorrow when I put the new USB C cable in.

The Autoharnesshouse Subaru and Pioneer harness worked great but as suspected, and was told, their USB adapter didn’t.

I haven’t played with it much yet and can’t seem to get the voice control to work, except for when using Amazon Alexa but I’ll spend some time with it tomorrow.

Hello Mr. Turtle.

Turns out that it has a permanent screen protector and it wasn’t noticed until someone tried to take it off at the top left corner. It lifted easily lifted but then flaked off. I’m pissed about it but there’s nothing I could have done.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
Looks like you gained a cubby, too!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
Looks like you gained a cubby, too!
Actually, two.

The one you can see has my USB cable run through the back of it and my phone fits on shelf. I took it for a drive yesterday and the phone didn’t move at all, so yay.

The larger cubby is behind the screen and totally useless. Maybe I’ll figure out something but I suspect I’ll be using it to store dust.

Metra 99-8908HG

721 - 730 of 730 Posts