Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

701 - 720 of 730 Posts

·
Registered
Vancouver, BC, Canada CGK 2018 Ltd EyeSight
2,383 Posts
about 33 miles each way, so at minimum im doing 66 round trip without pit stops.
This one would do it, 82 miles range. And do you by chance have a plug-in at work that you could use, 110V is fine? And you probably have free charging stations close to home. Do you like 400 lb-ft of torque, a hatch, and advanced BMS similar to current Teslas? You can get used ones for around 8K, still with a warranty. These were way ahead of their time, with fast charging, active coolant battery cooling, etc, etc, made in South Korea. Great way to save some money, for future big buys.
Be sure to watch the vid.
Lots for sale in your area. Be sure to get one with L3 fast charging capabilities.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
Are we done hijacking Doca's Stamford thread yet? 😸

·
Registered
2018 Lifted 6-speed Crosstrek
1,718 Posts
This one would do it, 82 miles range. And do you by chance have a plug-in at work that you could use, 110V is fine? And you probably have free charging stations close to home. Do you like 400 lb-ft of torque, a hatch, and advanced BMS similar to current Teslas? You can get used ones for around 8K, still with a warranty. These were way ahead of their time, with fast charging, active coolant battery cooling, etc, etc, made in South Korea. Great way to save some money, for future big buys.
Be sure to watch the vid.
Lots for sale in your area. Be sure to get one with L3 fast charging capabilities.
Interesting!

For a hot second, I thought about a Tesla, but the price premium didnt make sense to me.

Im currently leaning towards a Kia Optia EX (1.6l turbo). Backseat and trunk are quite large, so we could take this with the car seat and baby gear down south to her parents house (about 450 miles) compared to her Kia Sorento and get much better mileage.

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,088 Posts
Just curious, why you would want to pay off early? When we bought the Crosstrek, OAK wanted to pay cash but the Subaru financing over five years was so low, it made sense to put the cash to better use. If I recall we could have got around the same rate on a five year CD at the time. Plus having the loan has boosted her credit score.

When I bought there was a promotional rate of 1.49% for 48 months with Subaru Finance. Which I qualified for and got. What happened was that I set up an auto-payment deduction from my account. But a couple years later some error at the bank deleted my auto-payment, and I couldn't re-institute it. So I ended up paying by phone every month.

Well, long story short, I got tired of manually making the payments, and I had the money, so what the ****, pay it off. My credit score is in the range where it can't notably be improved in any case. What I lose in savings I gain in eliminating an aggravation every month.

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #706

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Sadly, I hadn’t ordered my Pioneer yet and when I logged in this morning, they‘re now out of stock. Who knows when more are coming. Unfortunately, I had previously ordered a Pioneer specific harness so I guess I have to wait.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
Unfortunately, I’ll have to be leaving the forum soon.

I found another source for my radio and dropped $1,500 on it. I still needed to order the Maestro SW and antenna harness but it doesn’t matter. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

it was nice knowing everybody. Lol.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
RIP, Doca...

Best case scenario you'll be sleeping on the cat perch until Christmas! 😸

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Unfortunately, I’ll have to be leaving the forum soon.

I found another source for my radio and dropped $1,500 on it. I still needed to order the Maestro SW and antenna harness but it doesn’t matter. The wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

it was nice knowing everybody. Lol.

Why are you leaving? :(

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #712
Why are you leaving? :(
RIP, Doca...
Best case scenario you'll be sleeping on the cat perch until Christmas! 😸

I’ve solved the issue so I’ll be able to stick around.

I‘ll not say a word about it and when it shows up, I’ll blame Alexa and beer.

Damn you, Alexa; auto ordering things while I’m not paying attention to your constant, uninvited ramblings.

The wife recently asked it how deep the Mariana trench is. Instead of a number, it gave a 3 minute presentation on Challenger Deep. So yeah, mind of it own so it’s not my fault; that sounds legitimate, right? :p

Nah. Turns out the Pioneer is a limited run so once they’re out, that’s that. I’ll just explain it truthfully and in reality, I’d have ordered it next month if I could have found it. I really like it and didn’t want to spend several more hours researching and comparing second placers.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
I’ve solved the issue so I’ll be able to stick around.

I‘ll not say a word about it and when it shows up, I’ll blame Alexa and beer.

Damn you, Alexa; auto ordering things while I’m not paying attention to your constant, uninvited ramblings.

The wife recently asked it how deep the Mariana trench is. Instead of a number, it gave a 3 minute presentation on Challenger Deep. So yeah, mind of it own so it’s not my fault; that sounds legitimate, right? :p

Nah. Turns out the Pioneer is a limited run so once they’re out, that’s that. I’ll just explain it truthfully and in reality, I’d have ordered it next month if I could have found it. I really like it and didn’t want to spend several more hours researching and comparing second placers.
LOL, you could do a cost-benefit analysis along the lines of the number of additional hours you'd have to spend researching that could be spent with wifey. Put it in a spreadsheet with lots of colorful charts. That's what OAK does all the time (marketing MBA).

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
LOL, you could do a cost-benefit analysis along the lines of the number of additional hours you'd have to spend researching that could be spent with wifey. Put it in a spreadsheet with lots of colorful charts. That's what OAK does all the time (marketing MBA).
You got me all excited thinking about pie charts and multi-axis diagrams, linked to raw Excel data. Suddenly I realized that she‘d probably prefer the alone time but I’m still looking forward to the meeting about the meeting to present the “facts”.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Well, I paid $28 more than I would have from Crutchfield but at least I found one Canadian source for a dash kit, antenna adapter (wish I got autoharnesshouse’s but forgot) and the Maestro SW. Who knows when the dash kit will be back at Crutchfield (Canada). Who knows when regular shipments will once again flow?

Of course now that I’ve ordered, they’ll have it back by the weekend. Can’t say I feel great about where it bought it from but I’m sure it’s just unknown small shop paranoia. Hey, my Pioneer arrived from a small shop and it looks fine but I ordered that through Amazon.

Other news, couple of weeks ago a guy at work asked me about XVs. Today he told me that they‘re picking up his wife’s new-used 2018 Crosstrek Sport MT, just like mine but white. They want to do stuff with it. Not much, I’m sure, but I feel like a little girl waiting to be invited over to play dollies; cept with gas and oil, speakers.. tools... beer and other manly men type stuff and such.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
Finally got my new CAT S52 phone. 11 days to ship it from NL, 12 days for it to float over on the North Atlantic current (which isn't bad as it had to float past Ireland to get picked up and fished out of the water off the coast of Newfoundland, apparently), 14 days in customs and 10 days to travel the final 470 km from Missassaga to Russell. Even with Covid, thats pretty bad. Regardless, my drive to work this morning saw vast improvements in the Harman's functionality. Awesome and just in time for me to rip the thing out. Hope I get my dash kit soon.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
And this is better, because...?

I've been through three phones this year. I so wanted a Pixel 4, and preordered one, but the facial recognition didn't work (and would NOT work now, with masks). The rumours are that the Pixel 5 has reverted to the fingerprint sensor.

I still have a dev iPhone and Android and donated my almost $1K Pixel 4 to a local Black charity and am now using a Pixel 3 XL that I bought used.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
And this is better, because...?

I've been through three phones this year. I so wanted a Pixel 4, and preordered one, but the facial recognition didn't work (and would NOT work now, with masks). The rumours are that the Pixel 5 has reverted to the fingerprint sensor.

I still have a dev iPhone and Android and donated my almost $1K Pixel 4 to a local Black charity and am now using a Pixel 3 XL that I bought used.
Hmmmm... I beleive I used the wrong word again. It didn't improve the Harman functionality, it just made the Harman do what it was supposed to do, when it was supposed to do it; giving the appearance of the entire system working better than it did yesterday. Not specifically a compliment to CAT but to a new phone, period. The whole AA package was running properly and following my previously unsynced GPS position before I left the driveway instead of 5 minutes down the road, if at all, and there was no lag between songs.

My retired phone took copious amounts of time to get a GPS position but a damaged charging port marked the end of its life. It still charged but didn't always want to communicate. As I migrated from my part-time dash mounted TomTom for AA, a year or so ago, this became the deciding factor to replace what primarily was tool for GPS, texting, free wifi, taking pics and showing pics to others when not at home.

Wow. I'm on my third cell phone ever; 2011 Samsung Galaxy Q, 2015 Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and now the CAT S52.

It's better because its faster, has more onboard memory, a significantly better GPS antenna to include GALILEO and BDS newtorks, wi-fi dual band ac, runs Android 9 (upgradable later to 10) vs 6, more Bluetooth bandwidth for Android Auto's map and music, USB C, and its a rugged phone so I don't have to baby it like had to for the Asus. The S52 aslo has a fingerprint reader; I haven't enabled it and don't plan to.

I tend to take big steps when I upgrade. I losta bank of RAM in Apr and dropped a large sum on a new system to last at least 5 years just so I won't have to screw around with it for a long time.

My new head unit supports wireless AA, if they ever unlock it for all, and has a USB C port to support data transfer and charging.
However, it only has the one USB. I'm going to see if it'll work with the 2 OEM USB slots but I doubt it will so I'll be more reliant on my phone for music.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
What does AA mean in this context?

701 - 720 of 730 Posts