Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wonder how much it varies by gas station as to when the pump nozzle shuts off. I would be surprised if it was standardized across the country.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wonder how much it varies by gas station as to when the pump nozzle shuts off. I would be surprised if it was standardized across the country.
I'd be surprised if it was the same between two different pumps at the same station. Or even the same two different times at the same pump.

I've gone to the same pump at the same station and have had it click off fine but the next time it actually overfilled and spilled all over. I had to manually stop it. But that was on my old 80's Jeep truck. I've never had an overfill on my more modern vehicles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I always top off the car when I fill. The station I go to has older pumps and I can squeeze an extra 10 litres after it clicks off...that is over two imperial gallons!!

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
I always top off the car when I fill. The station I go to has older pumps and I can squeeze an extra 10 litres after it clicks off...that is over two imperial gallons!!
Not a good idea - read the rest of the thread...

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Today I put in 65 litres of gas...topped it off with the gas light on and 60 km on the remaining mileage computer. That’s packin itin there...got 815 km on the tank
Have you read the rest of the thread yet? :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
:wink:
Have you read the rest of the thread yet? :D
...geeze you’re fast with the replies...you must live on this forum.:wink:

...and yes...I finally went back a read the thread...I’ve been topping our cars for...decades...including our ‘11 Outback...never had anything bad happen...the last fil...that’s 14 imperial or 17 US gallons. Now...you know that when you pull away from the pump the gas settles into the tank and the air moves into the neck...so I don’t think it’s that bad...but hey...I’m sure that other people know more than me...I’m only going on my experience

21 - 27 of 27 Posts