Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to disable DRL on 18 crosstrek? I installed HIDs and they flicker when DRLs are on.. 17s back you could unhook a resistor but I can't find it on my 18..

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are controlled by the BCM now. I have feelers out to see of they can be turned off by hacking the CANBUS. Otherwise there is someone on the forum who posted instruction on how to disable with a relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are controlled by the BCM now. I have feelers out to see of they can be turned off by hacking the CANBUS. Otherwise there is someone on the forum who posted instruction on how to disable with a relay.
I bought a ballast from OPT7 I think was from that keeps 12 v on the DRL.. Probably not good for HIDs running all the time but was only fix I could find.. I can't find the relay on my 18 like the 17s back has.. It's not beside passenger front wheel..

·
Registered
37 Posts
For some strange odd reason the entire document wouldn't copy for me to past. Hint Hint, the DRL its near the horn on passenger side under vehicle.

LIGHTING SYSTEM > Day Time Running Resistor
REMOVAL
1. Disconnect the ground cable from battery. NOTE">
2. Lift up the vehicle.
3. Remove the screw and clips, and turn over the front side of the mud guard - front.

4. Remove the resistor assembly - daytime running light.
CAUTION:
The resistor may become hot. Be careful not to burn yourself when removing it.
(1) Disconnect the connector.
(2) Remove the bolts, then remove the resistor assembly - daytime running light.

1572505596776.png

·
Registered
37 Posts
For some strange odd reason the entire document wouldn't copy for me to past. Hint Hint, the DRL its near the horn on passenger side under vehicle.

LIGHTING SYSTEM > Day Time Running Resistor
REMOVAL
1. Disconnect the ground cable from battery. NOTE">
2. Lift up the vehicle.
3. Remove the screw and clips, and turn over the front side of the mud guard - front.

4. Remove the resistor assembly - daytime running light.
CAUTION:
The resistor may become hot. Be careful not to burn yourself when removing it.
(1) Disconnect the connector.
(2) Remove the bolts, then remove the resistor assembly - daytime running light.

View attachment 297949 View attachment 297949

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, it applies to 19's. . .I haven't disconnected mine as of yet, I'm concerned it might throw a code. If you disconnect your's, post if it throws a code. . . I'm always hesitant about altering things when a vehicle is under warranty, I don't want the finger pointing if shyt happens. . .

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, it applies to 19's. . .I haven't disconnected mine as of yet, I'm concerned it might throw a code. If you disconnect your's, post if it throws a code. . . I'm always hesitant about altering things when a vehicle is under warranty, I don't want the finger pointing if shyt happens. . .
Unless they changed it for a 2019, that would be incorrect info. 2018+ do not have that DRL resistor. Crosstreks prior to 2018 have that resistor behind the bumper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In addition to my first response, ask yourself this, by deduction, how would the DRL on the high beams get stepped down without some kind of a resistor?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pulse width modulation? It's not the same as the previous generation. I haven't had much luck finding a simple solution to disable DRLs OR tapping the source (for OPs question). I had to tap to an interior fuse for DRL and then use the high beam harness as a switch for high beams. Complicated but it works.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The info I initially provided came from Subaru when I searched 2019 Crosstrek DRL. I've decided to purchase the online PDF factory repair manual which includes electrical wiring and diagram. I'm waiting for a response to clarify a concern before spending $90. If the PDF is all that it claims on the website, it will take the guessing or rigging things out of the mix. . .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts