Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Crystal White 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT w/ Eyesight
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home sweet home for a few days. Was 85F when we pulled the grade up today. CVT cooler is AMAZING!!! After 35-40 min of driving was only 169 at hottest. Engine oil however hit 240 in the top of the last grade but cooled fast once up. Then dumbass me realized the A/C was on. DOH! 😂😂
Never crossed 220F once I shut it off. Lesson learned.
Tomorrow we play with a brand new pure sine wave 2000/3000W inverter to run the coffee pot and an A/C test (5000btu…little guy…450w pull w 1300w startup) . I’ve also realized my ZAMP 100W suitcase Solar kit was a waste. Gotta up my game to some Renogy 300W+ gear made for outdoors.
Tree Leaf Plant Branch Grass

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tree Wood

Plant Wheel Tire Tree Vehicle

Car Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek
13 Posts
Question…

How much does your camper weigh?? I own a 14 crosstrek and want to buy a small camper, but I’ve been researching this and people are saying the crosstrek max towing is around 1500lbs. And it’s almost impossible to find a camper that’s under that. Plus I don’t want to put to much strain on my cvt.

·
Premium Member
Crystal White 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Premium 2.0 CVT w/ Eyesight
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question…

How much does your camper weigh?? I own a 14 crosstrek and want to buy a small camper, but I’ve been researching this and people are saying the crosstrek max towing is around 1500lbs. And it’s almost impossible to find a camper that’s under that. Plus I don’t want to put to much strain on my cvt.
We just weighed it yesterday on the way home and was 1550. I had a 28lb Solar suitcase and 11lbs super inverter in it I dont always take.It was 1500 dead on the previous trip. The BW 10HD is 1380lbs dry. I’ve pulled out the under bed frame for under storage. That was a lot of lumber weight removed but I put in an upgraded 6” mattress on top of the piddly 4” pads that came with it. I have 2 6V batteries and a propane tank on the tongue so I try to stack as much gear as possible behindor on the trailer wheels to reduce tongue weight.
I also use the trailer brakes, run a ScanGauge 3 to monitor temps and spent a small fortune getting the dealer to install/wtty the Mishimoto CVT cooler from the 2018+ WRX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts