Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any of you with Weathertechs running into them deforming on the passenger side? This is the second set from them doing the same thing as the first set. I just sent a response back to them about it from the last warranty issue (as I said, same problem as before). Never had an issue like this with weathertechs in the past.
View attachment 298118
Any of you with Weathertechs running into them deforming on the passenger side? This is the second set from them doing the same thing as the first set. I just sent a response back to them about it from the last warranty issue (as I said, same problem as before). Never had an issue like this with weathertechs in the past.
View attachment 298118
I bought a full used set off an older couple a month ago for my new ride. Being used and all I expected some problems but so far they have stayed true to shape, no issues here.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I can reproduce it if I press forward and down where it begins to rise up the firewall area. I contacted Weathertech warranty again, so I'll see what they say. I bet they don't have a solution. At this point, I may have to fork over money for the Husky mats because in the summer it scratches my wife's leg getting in/out of the door. Wish I could just buy one side of the mats. At this point, I might as well try to recovery some of my cost by selling the second set (or separately since I hear the 3rd row Husky doesn't fit like the Weathertech). Maybe in January I'll post in the classifieds. With the holidays, daughter's graduation from college, and medical appointments, now's not a good time to be trying to sell stuff.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just got a reply back from Weathertech:

I’m sorry you are still experiencing issues with the floorliner. I have attached an approval picture as well as contacted my manager who contacted the engineers and they will be looking into this. I will email you back when I have an answer, probably early next week.
The "approval picture" they attached was just a picture of how it should look in the spot where mine is warping on the outside. I'll post back when I hear back from them. Going to be interesting what the engineers have to say about it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Huskys after 72 hours of being installed. View attachment 298202
Thanks for the pics- those look like much better coverage and I like how they keep snow/rain/grime and other crap out of the fuel door release area. I'll see what the wife thinks but I think these are the ticket for us. I like the weather techs in my truck but don't like crap getting in that fuel release area as it's impossible to clean well and gets gummy with road grime in winter.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Warranty resolution:

They are aware that the unsecured passenger front mat does not have retention hardware, so it can slide forward producing the warping we’ve seen. I was offered the option of them sending me Velcro or a refund. Velcro adhesive doesn’t not work in the heat of Sacramento, so I opted for a refund (purchased these in May IIRC). I told them I’d like to keep the rear mat and asked that they only refund the fronts. They already emailed me a fedex shipping label. All in all, their customer service was top notch and a pleasure to work with (all done via email). That’s definitely a reason to order directly from them and not go thru a third party.

I’ll be ordering the huskies for the fronts soon.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I guess now I have to decide between weatherbeaters and x-act contours. Not a lot of info here on the search. Leaning toward the contours.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I guess now I have to decide between weatherbeaters and x-act contours. Not a lot of info here on the search. Leaning toward the contours.
I think the x-act contours are only available for the fronts, so that made my decision for me. $115 for fronts only, or $105 for the full set.

In deciding between husky and maxpider i believe the husky's have more coverage beneath the accelerator pedal (where all the pebbles collect under my subaru all weathers)

Here's a comparison video I watched before buying. the video itself is stupid but in the comments they say the main difference is that the x-act's are cushier.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Interesting in his comparison that his were different shapes, but then he was comparing a drivers to passengers mat. From pics online and reviews, they’re identical shape.

since I already have a weathertech for the rear seating, I only need the fronts (and I still have one set of fronts to keep from weathertech). I went ahead and ordered the Contours after seeing one review where the weatherbeaters did what the weathertechs in mine did. I’m trying the more flexible option. I’ll post here when I get them in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting in his comparison that his were different shapes, but then he was comparing a drivers to passengers mat. From pics online and reviews, they’re identical shape.

since I already have a weathertech for the rear seating, I only need the fronts (and I still have one set of fronts to keep from weathertech). I went ahead and ordered the Contours after seeing one review where the weatherbeaters did what the weathertechs in mine did. I’m trying the more flexible option. I’ll post here when I get them in.
Hope they meet your expectations. I got the X-act Contour since it is a rubbery material versus the thermoplastic olefin of the Weatherbeaters. Being rubbery, my feet don't slip as much when wet. It's also pretty flexible. The instructions say to move the seats all the way back, but it is very easy to bend the mats to install them without moving the seats. I also only wanted the front mats since I don't like that the rear is a single piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got the Huskys today. I like that they’re more grippy and flexible. With the spikes on the bottom, they do not move one bit! I

While the driver’s left foot covers all the way up, the sides (like by the driver’s right foot) are not as tall as weathertech. Need a company that takes the shortcomings of each and makes a better product.

Weathertech

(forum software rotating it on its own again)

Husky

Driver’s side:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got the Huskys today. I like that they’re more grippy and flexible. With the spikes on the bottom, they do not move one bit! I

Husky
View attachment 298269

Driver’s side:
View attachment 298270
Looks nice, my weather beaters also just came in, they seem to fit nice but are definitely firm compared to the OEM mats I was using before. In the rainy days we just had this week I didn't really notice my feet sliding around so overall I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Should be last update on this. Just got my refund to the credit card this morning from weathertech. Even though I kept the second row liner (well technically I have all three mats since they just wanted the warranty set returned) and told them to just refund me the cost of the fronts, they refunded everything. So I ended up with a useful 2nd row and a set of fronts that I won’t be using at no cost. Very happy customer.

Update on the Husky X-Act Contour. Went for a long drive yesterday in the on/off rain. Neither mat budged and they’re both staying conformed completely to the foot wells.We both like the nonslip rubber of these liners.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts