Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you with Weathertechs running into them deforming on the passenger side? This is the second set from them doing the same thing as the first set. I just sent a response back to them about it from the last warranty issue (as I said, same problem as before). Never had an issue like this with weathertechs in the past.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I got the Subaru All Weather liners when I got my Crosstrek and after a couple months of ownership, the passenger side mat is doing the same thing. Weird.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,909 Posts
No problems with our OEM floor mats but we don't leave them in the car when it's hot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Any of you with Weathertechs running into them deforming on the passenger side? This is the second set from them doing the same thing as the first set. I just sent a response back to them about it from the last warranty issue (as I said, same problem as before). Never had an issue like this with weathertechs in the past.
View attachment 298118
maybe the person who sits there is doing something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 298118
Yes same problem exactly. I called weather tech and they said to heat it and try to reform it. It worked temporarily but now misshapen again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had Weathertechs in a Camry and they warped so much that it impacted the accelerator and brake pedal. I switched to Huskys in the Crosstrek and no movement so far (18 months)

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 298118
View attachment 298118
I bought TuxMats, pricey but by far the superior floor mat solution.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I recommend the 3dmaxpiders over all the others. They provide the same protection, look better. And no way they warp like this.
I’ve had maxpiders in my 16 Trek since new. They look perfect. They are nicer and way cheaper than weather tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 298118
Yes! My passenger side started doing this after the dealership detailed my car. Now it slides all over the place

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Cyndy
My wife just had me walk around to her side because it’s doing exactly like yours is on the inside edge too. Their quality seems to have gone downhill. The ones in my Tacoma are still perfect after a decade.

FYI, this is my second set. When I contacted weathertech the first time about it, they shipped me a whole new set (both fronts and rear), so it’s obviously a design flaw. I think I know what they did wrong too. If someone rides in the passenger side, there’s space underneath the mat just before it rises toward the firewall. So when a person’s feet (and purse) are down there all the time, it pushes the floor mat down causing the sides to pull inward.After that much money spent and two sets doing the same thing, I’ll never buy weathertechs again.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts